Anyone think you're weird?

TMedina

Flashlight Enthusiast
They'll think you're weird, right up til the point they need something.

chmsam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't much care what others think as long as I can get done what needs to be done at the time.

I've gotten to the point where if people make a comment about the stuff I EDC (lights included of course), I now just tell 'em that I'm the type of guy they want to see coming their way if they're in trouble. I usually tell my friends that if they're heading away from trouble they should not follow me 'cau

As for weird and normal being relative terms, normal is not a term I would use with my relatives.

jabe1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Friends and family thought It was weird that I carried a light or two at all times, until I started gifting keychain lights. Now I hear alot of " I should have had one years ago".

jmpaul320

Flashlight Enthusiast
People have labeled me as odd for years... Doesnt bother me in the least nor has it stopped me from enjoying life lol

HighlanderNorth

Flashlight Enthusiast
My Mom thinks I'm weird for collecting element samples of 44 of the listed elements. She sees no point in having sodium, uranium, potassium and cadmium chunks in my house(all under mineral oil except cadmium) I'm sure someone is going to say something about the 3 lasers I just bought from Amazon.com for $26(all over-spec, actually 30-100mW apiece, 405nm, 532nm, 650nm), and the 100mW 650nm I ordered from O-Like. I keep my 3 FL's in different spots not out in the open. I always carry a Jetbeam BC-10 with me. I am a little concerned that people might think it's odd if I buy more FL's though. I found these fantastic crew socks at this local discount clothing store chain called Forman Mills, and they were on sale for $3.99/ 6 pack, compared to $20/ 6 pack from JC Penny for thinner, less desirable socks. So I bought 11 of the 6 packs! I too can go overboard.......

HighlanderNorth

Flashlight Enthusiast
From what I've seen, you can spend an incredible amount of money on a top folding knife or hunting knife! I'm talking way above $200. I decided to buy a new, high quality kitchen knife set a few years ago, so I spent $100 on a 7 pc JA Henckels set, and it was garbage! I've seen $20 sets that were similar in quality! So I did some deep research into the true high quality kitchen knives and I remembered buying a decent Kershaw lockblade knife 20 years ago, so I looked to see if maybe Kershaw made kitchen stuff, and it turns out they are owned by the Kai Shun company, which makes bad A$$ kitchen knives. So I bought a Shun Classic set that looks like its made of Damascus steel, because its hand dipped in 24 layers of stainless steel, after being hand made out of top quality Japanese knife steel. They are also insanely sharp from the getgo, and they will sharpen them for free for life! By the way, Kershaw still makes the lockblade I bought 20 years ago, but it is a mediocre everyman's knife. Made of 440 stainless I believe, which isnt all that great. I own a Gerber Suspension utility knife.

Last edited:

leeholaaho

Newly Enlightened
Don't much care what others think as long as I can get done what needs to be done at the time.

I've gotten to the point where if people make a comment about the stuff I EDC (lights included of course), I now just tell 'em that I'm the type of guy they want to see coming their way if they're in trouble. I usually tell my friends that if they're heading away from trouble they should not follow me 'cau

As for weird and normal being relative terms, normal is not a term I would use with my relatives.

I had a friend inquire why in the world would I be interested in flashlights

So I went to the internet and found lists of hobbies

So everyday I emailed him about 100 hobbies

After a week I got an email saying he now understood

My wife used to collect little bells - who cares what someone likes if they enjoy it??

Ian2381

Enlightened
If Carrying flashlights is weird the I have no idea what my family and relatives think about me after our vacation.

553298_2668870336028_1684182208_1775064_536740666_n.jpg

needle

Newly Enlightened
"And Samy, that over protective society that forbids people to carry basic tools such as a knife - our oldest tool, is weird to the extreme and must be suffering basic socially structural flaws... What is next, removal of thumbs? Thumbs are Very dangerous, so are frontal lobes. My condolences, it's getting pretty weird here too. Stay sharp."

+ 10

We live in a society of wusses and mental defectives.

Anyone remember the little internet video some years ago that went virile where some guys with a camera went into a happening nightspot in California and asked the people there [mostly women] when the twin towers terrorist attack in NY happened. They asked "what was the date the 9/11 attacked occurred" ? 95% of them couldn't name/didn't know the date.....
Then they asked the same people what Paris Hilton's little dog was named. 95% of them KNEW the name of the stupid little dog ...........

These are the kind of zombies that think people who tote a flashlight around with them are weird.

Riparious

Newly Enlightened
After picking up another headlamp, and doing a simple drop-in LED upgrade to her D-cell MagLight, my girlfriend said I was weird. "I'm weird? You should check out this thing called candlepower forum... "

At that point, I decided to join ;)

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
So I went to the internet and found lists of hobbies

So everyday I emailed him about 100 hobbies
Is there a poll or list of the top 100 most popular hobbies, and how does our hobby rank in it?
Ranking #99 maybe? ;)

have a great weekend all

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

TEEJ

Flashaholic
Is there a poll or list of the top 100 most popular hobbies, and how does our hobby rank in it?
Ranking #99 maybe? ;)

have a great weekend all

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

Statistically, I would not be surprised to find we don't exist.

:D

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Statistically, I would not be surprised to find we don't exist.

:D
my 4sevens retail packaging says "During this time, he discovered an online community of nearly 70,000 flashlight fanatics"
[h=3]
forum_stats.png
CandlePowerForums Statistics[/h] Threads235,429Posts3,388,109Members138,359Active Members6,321 Welcome to our newest member, Neutron
Statistically, i would say that flashaholics are still a minority. 138359 members?? I know a board with "We have 2996900 registered users" :D

pilote

Newly Enlightened
it is definitely not weird to edc a flashlight...but it is definitely weird to own 20+ and continually add to them...being obsessed with lumens, yes that is very weird.