Arc-AAA Neck Carry

Status
Not open for further replies.

diggdug13

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok, I got a kydex neck holster from trivergata (Josh) a couple of weeks ago and all I can say is that it's perfect for carrying ARC / PEAK AAA lights. I HATED having to take the light off my neck to use it, or turning it on while it's around the neck and being at the mercy of the chain length. If you are still looking for a user friendly neck carry this is it. Thanks for making me one Josh.

Doug

trivergata said:
I was making a kydex neck holster for awhile;

People seemed to like them - you can put the light in head first to protect it, or tail first to let it hang hands free. They just snap in to hold them in place, but stay tight enough that even with jumping and running, it stays tight.

Josh

frisco

Enlightened
voodoogreg said:
whoa! I will stick with GI issue chain. A 70$ ball chain for a 40$ light is a little too much for even my unusual tastes :faint: VDG

I hear what your saying..... but the other way to look at it is..... $1.50 bathtub chain on a $40.00 light ?????

If you think about it..... a $70.00 chain is not bad.... Let me justify! (this always gets me in trouble!)

Think of it as jewelry.... Wearable functional jewelry. Some people (men and women) spend thousands on jewelry. And some people spend thousands on flashlights.... Yah I know.... yada yada yada.
I think a Ti ballchain would be nice with one of my Ti watches! I'm not a gold silver type of person... I'm more of a Stainless, Titanium, Unobtainium, Carbon Fiber kind a guy.

- Ti is a precious metal.(well to me anyway)

- Price per use. One year.... $70.00 divided by 365 days... about .20 cents a day. Two years... .10 a day!

frisco

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
frisco said:
I hear what your saying..... but the other way to look at it is..... $1.50 bathtub chain on a $40.00 light ?????

If you think about it..... a $70.00 chain is not bad.... Let me justify! (this always gets me in trouble!)

Think of it as jewelry.... Wearable functional jewelry. Some people (men and women) spend thousands on jewelry. And some people spend thousands on flashlights.... Yah I know.... yada yada yada.
I think a Ti ballchain would be nice with one of my Ti watches! I'm not a gold silver type of person... I'm more of a Stainless, Titanium, Unobtainium, Carbon Fiber kind a guy.

- Ti is a precious metal.(well to me anyway)

- Price per use. One year.... $70.00 divided by 365 days... about .20 cents a day. Two years... .10 a day!

frisco

Fer sur fer sur, i got a 850.00 silver and white gold fatima medallion (virgin mary) and a 400.00 crucifix, i wear, It's not strange to me but I also wear my grandfathers WWII dog tag since i was 12 yr's old. Same ball chain, from then too. point being, mil ball chain will last (ok the clasp I had to replace 15 yr's back) so if strength is the reason for titanium I don't see the reason to go 70 bucks. But to each his own.

come to think of it, I also wear a St sebastian medal, and a St jude,
and a Micheal the Arcangel, too. Add a ballchain with a ARC AAA-P, and often an all access pass to get on stage,,,, man no wonder my neck feels tense all the time :ohgeez: VDG

Sturluson

Enlightened
I noticed that the standard length of titanium chain is 20", and goes up to 24" (?) at a highter price. I carry my Arc AAA on a 30" chain, and find that anything shorter or longer just doesn't work for me.

What length do the rest of you use?

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sturluson said:
I noticed that the standard length of titanium chain is 20", and goes up to 24" (?) at a highter price. I carry my Arc AAA on a 30" chain, and find that anything shorter or longer just doesn't work for me.

What length do the rest of you use?

Yep 30" same here. I'm a big round guy with a neck(or lack of) like a mobster, so with the 24" length of the religious medal's and dog tags mentioned above, I gotta have it lower to know what I am grapping and easier to use without taking it off. VDG

NeonLights

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll have to try and look up the store where I bought my titanium chain a few years ago. Mine is not a ball-chain, it is a braided multi-link chain (kind of like mini chain mail) similar to some gold chains I've seen. Looks much better than a ball chain IMO. Ball chains would be ok for me for a t-shirt and jeans, but my ti chain looks good with just about anything I wear. It was under $100, around $70-80 IIRC. Mine is 20" and puts my ARC at the perfect place for carry and for walking illumination if I leave it on the chain. For me it is partly about appearance (ball chains look very "cheap" to me), and partly about the fact that I just like titanium. My wedding ring is titanium, I frequently wear a Seiko ti watch and usually carry a Buck Mayo TNT with ti handles and a ti Zippo lighter too.

-Keith

Last edited:

xochi

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do those Ti chains have breakaways? Are they weaker than your neck?

NeonLights

Flashlight Enthusiast
xochi said:
Do those Ti chains have breakaways? Are they weaker than your neck?
My titanium chain has a standard clasp/loop to attach it just like many gold chains you see. It will definitely break away, just like any chain you can buy commercially that is meant for wearing around your neck. The chain is not weaker than my neck, the clasp is.

-Keith

Alloy Addict

Enlightened
Is the Ti chain that is similar to chainmail like these?

http://www.maileofthedreamseeker.com/designs/ropes.html

I like the two or three of those. I do want some sort of break-away feature on a Ti chain.

I carry an Arc AAA on a stainless ball chain from time to time. It hangs right in front of my sternum and I barely notice it. I really can't stand to have anything around my neck in the summer though.

NeonLights

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is the titanium chain I have
ti-kr01.jpg

and I got it at www.titaniumart.com but there are a number of companies that sell ti chains, just google to find them.

-Keith

Dawg

Enlightened
I have sensitive skin and I thought about the silver chain that came with my little Titanium Miniature Spyderco Police Knife. It would be a good one, but then I thought why break up something like that. I will look for a nice quality Bead or silver chain. Silver is still cheap.

DCP_1474.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.