ARC LS tri-rebel build *new finish*

cy

Flashaholic
Re: ARC LS tri-rebel build *completed+beamshots*

but it is an ARC... yet another mod of world's first production luxeon light.
sure is good to see this timeless design get yet another breath of life.

so where did you get the circuit board? what's the estimated lumens out the front end?

instead of Arc LS First Run... it should be Arc LS Mule :D
hey that's pretty catchy... Arc LS First Run Mule

wonder if anyone be interested in a large run (100) of these. using original Arc parts of course.
sorry but much rather have the original Hard Anodize Arc body.
bare aluminum looks cool... but will not withstand harsh environments.

I did a litttle work on the arc host itself, I dont think you can call it an arc anymore :thinking:

I stripped the ano, smoothed out the knurling and any scratches, also shortened the tailcap. Then brushed it:naughty:

dsc02487e.jpg

Last edited:

spc

Enlightened
Thanks again for the great comments guys.

wyager, I thought about putting a trit in the tail but it is a little tight and may poke through, would be sweet though. There might be room behing the optic somewhere:thinking:

cy, I think an arc ls run with a modern engine would do great! A setup like this would be fitting to call an Arc LS Mule. Getting flupics may be hard though, Tncproducts only had like 4 or 5 left. A regulated driver would be nice- to get more runtime- the flupic is just a frequency driver (direct drive) and drains the battery quick.

Illum, Even though the optics are narrow it doesn't throw much. It has a nice spot up close but turns to flood further away. I guess its in between- not quite a full out mule but not a tight hotspot either. I don't have any mules, I mostly stick with throw but compared to my others I would call it a mule.

richardcpf

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks like one of those concept flashlights, but true!!! Very nice job, looks so clean

cy

Flashaholic
Re: ARC LS tri-rebel build *completed+beamshots*

whoopss... forgot about Don's Mule ...
Mule as in many mods ... on Arc's versatile platform

with those optics...mule it is not:grin2:

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm the new and very proud owner of this light, having just bought it from lisantica.

I can't wait for the mailman! I'm so excited I've even borrowed one of spc's great photos for my avatar! (hope that's ok!)

spc

Enlightened
I'm the new and very proud owner of this light, having just bought it from lisantica.

I can't wait for the mailman! I'm so excited I've even borrowed one of spc's great photos for my avatar! (hope that's ok!)

No problem!

I do miss that one, I've actually been thinking about making another :tinfoil: