ARCmania MaxLite Review Wanted.

skalomax

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anybody have Any Reviews on this light. It looks Great But wondering what the Runtime and Consistency of the Light output. Runtime Graphs will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

skalomax

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nobody? I wanted to take the plunge on this light but wondering how the regulation might be. If its nice and steady like a Inova T3 then i will take it. Is this light brighter than a jetbeam?

LED Zeppelin

Flashlight Enthusiast
skalomax,

I think you can find the most info in the Maxlite threads:
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/99634&highlight=maxlite
And at the source of the Maxlite, the SFIII thread.
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/99634&page=20&pp=30&highlight=maxlite
Warning though, go to the restroom and get a drink first, there are 39 pages of entertainment there.
I have 2 and they're impressive. Good enough to alter my opinion about AA cells.
I don't have a Jetbeam for comparison, but the Maxlite out-throws my Q3 no comparison. I can light up trees at 200' and use the Maxlite for spotting whereas the Q3 barely illuminates them.
Which to choose? It depends on your values. Simple lumens per dollar will probably go to a Chinese light, but the build quality is something only the buyer can value.
The Maxlite has a unique combination of precision and robustness, sort of like a bomb-proof watch. "Overbuilt" is overused, but in this case a propos. It doesn't feel like it's carved from solid metal, it feels like it is solid metal.
Hope this helps.

skalomax

Flashlight Enthusiast
WOW, I did it i just pulled the trigger. Something just overcame me with this nice looking light. I saw the runtime graph on cheap Alkalines imagine what it would do with NiMh? You guys are killing me, but it feels so good.

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Where's the runtime graph at? I went thru the whole 39 pages in that thread before and didn't see it. Then again, I did go thru 39 pages worth of typing, so I wouldn't be surprised if I didn't see anything afterwards.

luxlunatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
skalomax, you should enjoy the Maxlite. This light is built like a tank, Led Zep said it best with "it feels like solid metal", and one thing helping that solid feel is absolutly no batery rattle:rock: . This light made me think twice about AA potential, this light is bright, very efficient, and its a real thrower. Its power lies in a tight, focused beam that projects a good distance. Compared to my JET123, the Jet appears brighter at short distances by flooding an area, but from 6 feet from a wall, the hotspot of the Maxlite is easily seen inside the hotspot of the Jet.
I have quickly become a big fan of this light, I usually rotate my EDC between a number of high powered L-ion lights, but since I got the Maxlite, it has been finding its way into my pocket quite often, even though it is bigger, heavier, and not as bright than others that I EDC, it just has character, and is feels so good to hold in your hand. Enjoy your Maxlite!!!!

skalomax

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Luxlunatic! your words are making me want the light in my hands!

JSR he is the graph.

maxliteruntimefujitsualkalinea.gif

skalomax

Flashlight Enthusiast
I ordered the Light Yesterdat afternoon. Is it being shipped via Express mail which means it will come in one Day? I can wait to get this light. I will definitely post beamshots. Where is Lighthound Located?? Thanks guys!

lrp

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got mine today and am very pleased! It is built like a tank and is so precision made....can't wait until tonite to try it out. It came with a Lithium and I will see what it does with a NIMH too.
Does anyone have email address of the builder? Thanks for the recommendations, they were right on!!

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
skalomax - thanks for the runtime plot. Wow, that's good regulation and runtime from an alkaline.

Can anyone estimate the output of the Maxlite? Maybe some ceiling bounce tests against other well-known lights?

diggdug13

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've just taken some beamshots of the Maxlite against some ultrahigh powered LED light mods.

Hope they help, unfortunantly I'm stuck in a hotel so there aren't any white walls so I had to use the backboard of my bed (approx 2 meters from foot to head).

Beamshot of Maxlite alone

Beamshot of McGizmo L1 DB917 PR-T

Beamshot of McGizmo L1 DB917 PR-T on left and Maxlite on right

side view of the beamshot

bonus beamshot! McGizmo Left: L1 DB917 PR-T, Middle: MJ PM6 Superbird, Right: Maxlite

now as you can tell the Maxlite doesn't pump out as much as the other two but it holds iit's own against the two powerhouses with only a AA lithium for juice and a 1 watt Super S bin LED.

** edit ** added LED type

Doug

:drool: ooohhh yeaa lotta lums!

Last edited:

lrp

Flashlight Enthusiast
I used my Maxlite last nite and just can't believe the light that a single Lithium AA can put out!! The design of the light is perfect for holding in your hand...though it isn't the best looking light out there. This light is really, really nice!!

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
lrp said:
though it isn't the best looking light out there.

I actually really like the look of the Maxlite. Ah, wish I could afford one. I'm still curious how much light it makes, approximately. I doubt it makes 55 lumens...most 123A lights don't make that much. I'm more curious how well it runs off alkalines also since I can get those for cheap. If it makes 30-35 lumens on an alkaline and runs for >1hr with that discharge curve above, damn that's a nice light!