ARCmania MaxLite Review Wanted.

270winchester

Flashlight Enthusiast
jsr said:
I actually really like the look of the Maxlite. Ah, wish I could afford one. I'm still curious how much light it makes, approximately. I doubt it makes 55 lumens...most 123A lights don't make that much.

oh it does, I wouldn't be suprised if it makes more than 55 lumens. you have read how these lights are made right?

Last edited:

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
270 - I read the 2 or 3 main threads on it (very long). Not sure if there are more threads. I have no idea what a SuperS-bin Lux1 is...is that supposed to be an ultra-rare T-bin Lux1?...or just a S-bin Lux1 that's at the upper range of the flux rating? If it really is 55 lumens, that'd make it as bright as a McLux PDIII...anyone have one to compare with bounce mode? Or even compare it to a Jet1 on primary, Fenix P1 on R123A or primary, etc? I have these lights and know what they make. Also, is the 55 lumens on a Lithium L91 or alkaline? I wouldn't think an alkaline could sustain the 55 lumens for long, but it'd be great if it could.

Bogus1

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am not sure if the "SS" bin was an X0 or W0 because they didn't tell us, but these were S**H bins that MJ (Arcmania) told me he tested and picked through for performance.

skalomax

Flashlight Enthusiast
This light for sure Puts out 45+ lumens. The Maxlite has much much tighter hotspot. It also has more Light output than the Fenix L1T. Im really starting to like this light i just dont like the tailcap at All. Its made extremely well but 289.99 is still a little steep. I took some beamshots and going to post them up later today. Overall this light gets a 87/100 for the steep price and the horrible tailcap. I just ordered a E series tailcap for it maybe it will work better. I am very fond of surefire tailcaps

lrp

Flashlight Enthusiast
FYI......Chris at tnccustomproducts.com is making a natural hard anodizing tailcap for this light and is wanting to know how many to have plated. With this custom cap this light will be awesome!! I use the low beam more than the high as it is most useful for my purposes. It has been some time since I have been so excited about a flashlight or anything for that matter.

Spordin

Enlightened
So should we email him about his tailcap? Can't find the info on his site.

Spordin

Enlightened
Hey Skal, if you don't mind, would you keep us updated how the E series tailcap works out?

Spordin

Enlightened
I emailed Chris. He said he's working on a tailcap and will post some info on this thread when he gets time. Cool! :popcorn:

SlotCAR

Newly Enlightened
maxlite_03.jpg

------
maxlite_01.jpg

------
maxlite_02.jpg

------
maxlite_04.jpg

------
maxlite_05.jpg

------
maxlite_06.jpg

------
maxlite_07.jpg

Spordin

Enlightened
Got my Maxlite today. The tailcap leaves a bit to be desired, kinda touchy and tricky to operate. As far as output, around the house (short distances) it seems about comparable to a 3D Mglight, but with a pure white beam. Very impressive for a 1AA. Solve the tailcap issue and this is one heck of a light.

Last edited:

Spordin

Enlightened
It's dark now so was able to test the Maxlite. Subjective impressions when compared to two common incan's we had around... It's about 70-75% as bright as a 3D Mglight incan. The throw seems about equal, but the Mglight puts out a bit more light and has stronger spill. Of course, the whiteness and purity of the Max beam makes the mglight look sickly yellow. Also compared Maxlite to a 2AA Minimg incan. The Max on low pretty much equals the Mm, but with less spill. On high...well, there's no comparison. I'd say the low is a bit lower than a CMG I.U. which I think is good. My impressions from what I'd read before I got the light have been confirmed. If there can be such a thing as a "tactical" 1AA light, this is it. Again, fix the tailcap and it's an awesome package.

diggdug13

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree with the tailcap issue I've been fiddling with the tailcap since I recieved mine, I've got a spring coming in the mail, But I'm eagerly awaiting word from TnC about the replacement tailcap he's making! it should be a winner.

I've compared this light to alot of high end lights. and the Fenix P1 it's incredible what this single AA light can do! too bad it's not pocket size..lol

doug

lrp

Flashlight Enthusiast
When I first got mine I couldn't get it to work for a while but all is fine now. I must have got lucky because I have had no problem with the tailcap. This is really a very nice light especially considering the price.

lrp

Flashlight Enthusiast
Please ignore my prior post above!! I was talking about the Jetbeam, MK 111.

GJW

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just got mine and no doubt it's a thrower.
Overall output is very acceptable but throwing is what this light is all about.
That big old reflector ain't just for show -- it puts out a beam that's downright purty!
If NightOps would put this reflector in the Gladius their sales would double.

I don't have too many 1AA lights to compare it to and I've no real measuring instruments but in a ceiling bounce test it was considerably brighter than both the JetBeam and the L1P.
It also just edged out my 1AA McR-20 Maglite running a TX0J MadMax lite.
This was with an alkaline in the Maxlite and an Energizer lithium in the Mag.

Tint is very white.
The JetBeam looks very slightly blue and the L1P looks very green against it.

And you gotta love the modularity!
Pretty neat seeing my McL4 and my McLux-1 running on 1AA.
:grin2:

BTW.....
There was talk above about the super SS-bin LEDs in these lights but from what I've read, the SS-bin LEDs are going into the Maxlite-2 which hasn't been released yet.
According to the main Maxlite thread, all of the first run Maxlites and the ones currently being sold by Lighthound have UW0Js.

Last edited: