Are You Influenced by Brand Loyalty?

recDNA

Flashaholic
Brand loyalty? Not hardly. I'm far more loyal to the opinions of fellow CPFers. Of course there are brands you can count on to be good, which is the best reason to be loyal, but I'm open to any new offerings from less known makers.

Geoff

Although my knee jerk is to go with Fenix I love to try different brands based on reviews I read here. The only flashlight that I have been disappointed with is an Olight that I read the reviews in another source. The highly rated Eagletac and MG I read about here lived up to expectations as have all my Fenix lights. Too much Yankee in me to ever buy a SureFire based on what appears to be too little bang for too much buck. If my life depended on a flashlight I don't deny my viewpoint might be very different.

rtt

Enlightened
I was at one time loyal to SF for many years. The SF shine is gone now and I only purchase lights that are reasonable in cost and fill my requirements. The tipping point was when I discovered rechargable batteries and AA format lights that SF did not want to produce.

I came to the light...

Flashlight Enthusiast
Some brands have left me with good impressions and others not as much, which makes me more interested in some brands than others, and more willing to bet on / prepay for their products.

However, no, I don't stick by opinions when times change. I have a reverse example of this - Tiablo. Quite frankly I was disappointed by their A9. And while their A7 still doesn't satisfy me in all areas, the build quality is up there with the best. Therefore, when Tiablo comes out with something that has a good UI and output, I'll be more willing to trust their build quality than I was a few years ago.

RGB_LED

Enlightened
During the first few months of being a Flashoholic, I identified a brand that had very good spec's and had excellent feedback from Flashoholics. I thought I had found my brand and quickly purchased a coupe of lights from this manufacturer... Then, I realized the two lights only partially met my requirements and, so, I started to read more and my opinion changed. I began to see other lights and started to really read the detailed feedback before taking the plunge.

Over time, my brand loyalty has evolved and now depends more upon CPF feedback / comments, price vs. value, spec's and whether I think the light will meet my needs.

So, the long answer is... no, I'm not particularly loyal to any brand. I now tend to look very carefully at each new light with skepticism.