ArmyTek Viking X Review - XM-L U2 - 18650/CR123

firelord777

Enlightened
Had the same thought about the rubber "button" ;)

No lube, they said that in a post somewhere at the marketplace. This is because of customs and courier services, they removed it very often.
The blueish grease seems to be the same Nyogel which was packed with the Predator lights.

But I am still confused about the O-rings... I bought my light regularly so I don't have a review sample and I can't think of a place where a second O-ring would fit.

Yeah, I honestly don't know what to tell you, maybe it was also another typo?

Still like it though:)

firelord777

Enlightened
Oh, got word from ArmyTek, and they are definately watching this thread.

They said that the reflector from the Viking S is exactly the same of that of the Predator, although I do find the Viking having a bit more spill:) So according to this, they stated comparing the TK15 to the Viking S is the same as comparing it to the ArmyTek Predator, which seems about right. So I believe it very probably out throws the TK15:) But this is not 100% proven, because I don't own a TK15.

But the Viking feels like a tank! It has noticably thicker walls and higher weight than the Predator.

lps

Newly Enlightened
They said that the reflector from the Viking S is exactly the same of that of the Predator, although I do find the Viking having a bit more spill:) So according to this, they stated comparing the TK15 to the Viking S is the same as comparing it to the ArmyTek Predator, which seems about right. So I believe it very probably out throws the TK15:) But this is not 100% proven, because I don't own a TK15.

Well seems like I don't need the Viking S then, because I own the Predator.... but who REALLY needs such amounts of lights ;)
But nevertheless I can compare them. Will post a GIF comparing TK15 and Predator later.

But the Viking feels like a tank! It has noticably thicker walls and higher weight than the Predator.

Very true. Take a look over here: http://www.taschenlampen-forum.de/taschenlampen/11027-armytek-viking-x-109-11-a.html#post145205

lps

Newly Enlightened
Since the Viking S hast the same reflector like the Predator and is compared to the TK15:

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
firelord, speaking of ArmyTek, have you heard anything regarding any new releases from them from anyone who went to SHOT Show?

firelord777

Enlightened
LPS, thanks for those beamshots! I guess the ArmyTeks do slightly throw more than the Fenix:)

Tobrien, I am just as sad as you are, I hope maybe today someone will go and film ArmyTek's booth:)

Cheers guys:)

lps

Newly Enlightened
LPS, thanks for those beamshots! I guess the ArmyTeks do slightly throw more than the Fenix:)

You're welcome. I had the same impression regarding the throw. But I like the side button UI of the TK15.

This evening I get the chance to make beamshot of a modified Predator with a XM-L led. Will be interesting to compare this to my 2 other ArmyTek lights.

Last edited:

firelord777

Enlightened
Firelord, I think you'll be happy to know I finally ordered a cool white ArmyTek Predator XP-G today!

Wow, that's awesome man! Did you get the SMO or the OP reflector?

Regardless, I think you'll be amazed on just about every aspect from programmability to construction.

Cheers tobrien:)

ciccio90

Newly Enlightened
excuse me but nobody speak of an predator with xml?????in the the photo it can be an viking xml????or a predator mod?

lps

Newly Enlightened
excuse me but nobody speak of an predator with xml?????in the the photo it can be an viking xml????or a predator mod?

it is a modified Predator, so as you say a predator mod. :)

firelord777

Enlightened
ArmyTek Vikings can tailstand:

6240d6fb-dd61-a7f5.jpg

Cheers guys