ArmyTek Viking X Review - XM-L U2 - 18650/CR123

ciccio90

Newly Enlightened
news from armytek?? this viking x is gretest for outdoor? i want buy it or a trhunite tn11 or other super 18650 flashlight! waht you think about?

firelord777

Enlightened
Hello,

The Viking is actually very good outdoors because of it's output and throw, however, if you are looking for throw with a more narrow beam, there are other lights from ArmyTek like the predator or Viking S that are also good options:)

Cheers

Stevie

Newly Enlightened
Great review Firelord!

Please may I ask a question regarding the UI?

Lets say I am walking along with the Viking on Medium 90 Lumen mode. I then wish to see further, so twist the head to line 1 max output. When I am done, if I loosen the head, will it go back to 90 Lumen medium mode?

Thanks Steve

Bwolcott

Enlightened
my viking x has a really warm tint to it I am liking it a lot as all my other lights are more of a cool white!

firelord777

Enlightened
Mmm, I'm not exactly sure, but I heard it has a lot to do with how it's made:)

Cheers:)

gilson65

Newly Enlightened
so what does everyone think of the viking x some 12 months on was thinking about getting the eagletac g25c2 but the viking x seems very tempting your thoughts on the viking will be much appreciated thanks tony

lps

Newly Enlightened
so what does everyone think of the viking x some 12 months on was thinking about getting the eagletac g25c2 but the viking x seems very tempting your thoughts on the viking will be much appreciated thanks tony

(uh, that was hard to read)

I think it is still a great light. But you have to pay attention as ArmyTek rebranded their lights. Now there is only a Viking and a Viking Pro Both are with XM-L2, the only difference is the driver. The Viking S is now called the Predator and the old Predator now is called Predator Pro.

gilson65

Newly Enlightened
(uh, that was hard to read)

I think it is still a great light. But you have to pay attention as ArmyTek rebranded their lights. Now there is only a Viking and a Viking Pro Both are with XM-L2, the only difference is the driver. The Viking S is now called the Predator and the old Predator now is called Predator Pro.
The wholesaler in australia just lists them as the viking x and viking s