Aspherical Mag Sign-Up

Raptor#

Newly Enlightened
Mmmh, im interrested, althought i'd also like to know about the 'C' Li-Ions.

And about the tailswitch model.. as far as i understand its regulated at 1,2 A while the side switch model is direct drive - correct?

Senses

Newly Enlightened
I would also like mine to be AW's C Li-Ion at 53.5 mm long if that's possible, I dunno if the LED can take it though

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Senses said:
I would also like mine to be AW's C Li-Ion at 53.5 mm long if that's possible, I dunno if the LED can take it though

I do not have any AW "C" cells in hand so this batch will be as originally intended for use with a single 18650 cell.

Mac

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
cmacclel said:
I do not have any AW "C" cells in hand so this batch will be as originally intended for use with a single 18650 cell.

Mac

Sweet! I can't wait to see this puppy. This might be my first LED light I rave about as much as my Mag Incands and HIDs !!!

Geologist

Enlightened
Hi Mac - I would be interested in one of these - I have two questions:

1) If the user (thats me) wanted to remove the head and replace with a stock or FM head (FM3H-2), would that work? This would give me more options with the light.

2) Do you have photo of the tail switch model for comparison contrast with the side-switch model? Would there be any advantages to the tail switch model other than the overall length?

Thanks

Geo

Empyfree

Enlightened
Geologist said:
1) If the user (thats me) wanted to remove the head and replace with a stock or FM head (FM3H-2), would that work? This would give me more options with the light.

Geo

Maybe it's just me, I thought the really special part of these lamps was the head end, and in particular the Aspherical lens... Replacing it with anything else is surely a backwards step?

I'd buy one today, but I've just been given a guaranteed place on a camp in America this summer so I need to save some £$£$£$'s!

Geologist

Enlightened
Empyfree said:
Maybe it's just me, I thought the really special part of these lamps was the head end, and in particular the Aspherical lens... Replacing it with anything else is surely a backwards step?

I'd buy one today, but I've just been given a guaranteed place on a camp in America this summer so I need to save some £$£$£$'s!

It isn't about a backwards step - just more options. The ability to use the light with different heads is always an advantage.

Geo

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Geologist said:
Hi Mac - I would be interested in one of these - I have two questions:

2) Do you have photo of the tail switch model for comparison contrast with the side-switch model? Would there be any advantages to the tail switch model other than the overall length?

Thanks

Geo

This light has a custom bezel and heatsink. It will not work with a regular reflector. I have not completed a tailswitch model as I'm trying to complete all the stock switched model first. The only difference with the tailswitch would be the overall length.

Mac

Geologist

Enlightened
Thanks for the replies Mac!

Then to clarify, I would like a tail cap version, preferably in green, purple, or red.

Thanks!

edited 29 march to change model to tailcap - thanks Mac!

Last edited:

ExZeRoEx

Enlightened
I'm also wondering how the battery is held inside. Is there something to fill the gap between the battery and the side, or do we have to improvise something there?

paulsl

Enlightened
I definitely want one with the stock switch but not in green pls. Pewter or if you have Midnight blue (Special edition color) - Pls let me know what's available. What do I do to get it?

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
bridgman said:
I notice some people are sending PMs, others are sending Paypal payments, others (like me) are just posting in this thread.

What are we supposed to be doing ? I'm OK with any of the above ;)

I'm contacting people on order as the lights are built. At this point I'm going to have to shut the interest list down as I only have 30 lenses and will see if I can get more.

Mac