Awesome Older Tech Gadgets

Toohotruk

Flashlight Enthusiast
Those Magic Eye tubes are cool! I've never heard of them, but I could see how they could be pretty handy way back in the "olden" days of non-digital radio tuners.

StarHalo

Flashaholic
There's a Chinese company, VAL Shenzen, that makes high-end tube radios that still feature the Magic Eye tuner:

vs01.jpg

tam17

Enlightened
My old boombox, the legendary Grundig RR621 Elite:

9fo67t.jpg

Back in the Eighties it wasn't sleek and fancy as Sanyos were, but I just loved it. Guzzled primaries like hell... Excellent sound quality, though.

Cheers,
Tam

Groundhog

Newly Enlightened
One of my favorites, was the Coleco Electronic Quarterback...back in the day, if you had one of these babies, you were considered very cool! :cool:

The graphics were unreal!

180pxcolecoelectronicqu.jpg

I've still got mine somewhere...

I used to save every dollar bill I earned in a little recipe card box with a lock on it until I finally saved up enough for my most coveted game ever.

mattelfootba_display_image.jpg

PapaLumen

Enlightened
Wasted quite a few afternoons at a friend's house, tormenting his dog with one of these...

bigtrak.jpg

I'm not sure if Milton Bradley's behind it or not, but someone's putting it back in production. Wonder if I can get away with giving one as a Xmas gift to a five year old girl... :thinking: :D
Wicked, i had a bigtrak.

Also my first computer -http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/31/Sinclair_ZX81.jpg

Your image is too large and has been replaced with a link. Please resize and repost.
See Rule #3 If you post an image in your post, please downsize the image to no larger than 800 x 800 pixels. - Thanks Norm

It had 1k of memory. Thats 1000 characters!!! I got the 16k rampack for it to play 3d monster maze :) - http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...rampack.jpg/607px-Sinclair.zx.16k.rampack.jpg

3D Monster Maze -

Last edited by a moderator:

ewmccraw

Newly Enlightened
One of my favorites, was the Coleco Electronic Quarterback...back in the day, if you had one of these babies, you were considered very cool! :cool:

I had on e of these! Loved that thing.

tam17

Enlightened
USSR-made pocket video game from the Eighties.

331ityb.jpg

Main characters, rabbit and wolf, are from a popular Soviet era kids' animated series "Nu Pogodi".

Manufacturer info here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elektronika

Back in those times I had Nintendo's Donkey Kong II, too :naughty:

Cheers,

Tam

ericjohn

Enlightened

my dad had one of these in the late 80's/early 90's. batteries leaked all over it and ruined it. i bought him a replica of it in 2007.

Toohotruk

Flashlight Enthusiast
Those new Commodore computers look pretty cool! :naughty:

A bit pricey though for the models with more options. :broke:

Last edited:

Latest posts