batteries for Nitecore TM26GT & Thrunite TN42

Triac

Newly Enlightened
I have used both the Nitecore NL189 protected and the Panasonic NCR18650B in my TM26 without issue.
Yeah, I saw that in post #12 above, but the NCR18650B just don't fit in mine for some reason and I don't have the NL189's (nor can I justify the $70-80 it costs for 4 of them at this time).

dreamtuner

Newly Enlightened
Did you end up getting the TM26GT? What batteries are you currently using? The ones in the link list 69.5mm length. My Panasonic NCR18650B's measure 70.2 mm which are definitely too long. Reading specs and then measuring with micrometer has made me a little gun shy.

it is on the way to me but it will be late. I have ordered the NL189 along with tm26gt. the olight ones I mentioned are 69mm. afaik.

Triac

Newly Enlightened
it is on the way to me but it will be late. I have ordered the NL189 along with tm26gt. the olight ones I mentioned are 69mm. afaik.
dreamtuner, please let me know how things fit and work for you when you get everything! :thumbsup:

canonite

Newly Enlightened
Yeah, I saw that in post #12 above, but the NCR18650B just don't fit in mine for some reason and I don't have the NL189's (nor can I justify the $70-80 it costs for 4 of them at this time).

Well, at least it's not a same brand issue.. I've got the nitecore 14500 cell which can't seem to power up my SRT3.. xtar 14500 works with no issues, and the nitecore 14500s work in the other flashlights as well..

Anyway, I hope to get my tm26gt (which was available at a very good price, too unbelievable that I had to get it) and will test with the green pannies that I have on hand..

It would be a big hassle if I had to get another 4 cells...

Triac

Newly Enlightened
Well, at least it's not a same brand issue.. I've got the nitecore 14500 cell which can't seem to power up my SRT3.. xtar 14500 works with no issues, and the nitecore 14500s work in the other flashlights as well..

Anyway, I hope to get my tm26gt (which was available at a very good price, too unbelievable that I had to get it) and will test with the green pannies that I have on hand..

It would be a big hassle if I had to get another 4 cells...
I will be very interested in how you make out!

canonite

Newly Enlightened
I just received the flashlight 20 mins ago .. put in my pannies , ncr18650b protected button tops .. I can tighten the flashlight correctly, but it seems to not be able to power up .. :(

The pannies are the only ones I have in 4 or 8 pcs.. the others like NC, Soshine or olights are in pairs only ..

canonite

Newly Enlightened
I dropped by a retailer.. it powered up with 2 x NL189 .. it's not the light but the pannies.

YMMV.. cause some times I hear other users with no issue on the combo , whereas some do..

canonite

Newly Enlightened
ok .. sorry for commenting on the thread again.. but i've gotten the pannies to work on the TM26GT.. think i didn't tighten enough.. now its working with the pannies.. just that the words on the battery compartment will not be in line with the words on the head...

NCR18650B - no problem

Triac

Newly Enlightened
ok .. sorry for commenting on the thread again.. but i've gotten the pannies to work on the TM26GT.. think i didn't tighten enough.. now its working with the pannies.. just that the words on the battery compartment will not be in line with the words on the head...

NCR18650B - no problem
So glad you got them to work. Perhaps the protection circuit on my pannies are a touch bigger. I measured over 7.oo mm. Broke down and ordered 4 Nl189's. Sure hope they work! Thanks to canonite and the others for their input! :thumbsup:

canonite

Newly Enlightened
the protected pannies i have are red at the + end.. i saw the ones at my local shop and its now white... don't know the cell measurements tho .. to be safe, i bought another 2 NL189s from GB ...

Triac

Newly Enlightened
the protected pannies i have are red at the + end.. i saw the ones at my local shop and its now white... don't know the cell measurements tho .. to be safe, i bought another 2 NL189s from GB ...
Mine are white but the protection circuits were put on by my local supplier. Measures 70.01mm. Ordered 4 NL189's which are spec'd at 69.2mm. Sure hope that 0.8mm makes a difference!

Triac

Newly Enlightened
Well the Nitecore NL 1834's (replaces the NL189) fit perfect with no rattle. Just $60 poorer (that was a bargain with a July 4th promotion) and if you don't count all the other batteries I bought to try to fit this light. what we do for the love of light!

canonite

Newly Enlightened
i bought a total of 4 NL189s from GB ..
locally, the NL189 and its replacement retail at about $38 SGD.

dreamtuner

Newly Enlightened
Well the Nitecore NL 1834's (replaces the NL189) fit perfect with no rattle. Just $60 poorer (that was a bargain with a July 4th promotion) and if you don't count all the other batteries I bought to try to fit this light. what we do for the love of light!

my TM26GT, D4, & 4 NL1834 (it was supposed to be NL189s but they included the new ones!) are here finally :party:

Last edited: