Batteries not being mailed from china

Theron

Newly Enlightened
I got lucky and my recent FastTech order made it through.

I guess in the future I'll have to smuggle undeclared batteries through USPS.

Yamabushi

Enlightened
Why is everyone surprised?

Over 2 years ago, the International Air Transport Association introduced regulations restricting transportation of lithium-based batteries by air. The phase-in period ended January 31, 2013. Anyone who has been shipping lithium batteries by air mail since then has been in violation of the regulations.

BTW, there have been over 60 "incidents" involving lithium batteries on commercial airplanes (not counting the Boeing 787 Dreamliner incidents).

jaycyu

Enlightened
My 18650's have half a decade of shelf life left. I hope venders can sort out this inconvenient by then.
In this situation, I don't mind buying 6x cheap flashlights with $21 li-on's in them.

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can't say for sure how long ago, (early spring?) I got a 14500 cell by air that was placed by the vendor in the factory box that contained a Nitecore charger I had also ordered. There were a few other items in the shipping package. The customs declaration on the outside of the shipping package stated it was flashlight parts. I will do business with that vendor again.

Changchung

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is ridiculous. How is being in the device any safer? So what constitutes a device? A led sticky taped to a plastic tube?

I was thinking the same, what kind of expert or whatever think that is more secure a battery in a device that a loose one???

What a stupid regulation...

Sent from my phone with camera with flash and internet on it... :D

Norm

Retired Administrator
I was thinking the same, what kind of expert or whatever think that is more secure a battery in a device that a loose one???

What a stupid regulation...

Loose cells is a bit misleading, correctly packaged cells should be OK to post.

Norm

Changchung

Flashlight Enthusiast
Loose cells is a bit misleading, correctly packaged cells should be OK to post.

Norm

You are so right, lately all the sellers send the batteries in plastic box with a lot of bubble plastic. This sound correctly packaged to me...

This regulation must be checked and changed...

Dubois

Enlightened
Wallbuys have just announced that they will ship batteries again. They have 3400 NCR18650B available, protected & unprotected, still quite reasonable prices.

tripplec

Enlightened
I got my Li-ion 18650's from FASTTECH. It takes a little while but not especially long given where they're coming from.
I checked carefully and they did confirm they could ship to me. I'll be ordering more later once I have used them a while.

NeedMoreLight

Newly Enlightened
Wallbuys have just announced that they will ship batteries again. They have 3400 NCR18650B available, protected & unprotected, still quite reasonable prices.
For those prices, I will order from an Ebay dealer in the US and get them in a few days.

malow

Newly Enlightened
i while ago DX told about changes in shipping li-ion batteries, then they started to ship all 18650 in plastic cases. they said this change was to make "shipping li-ion inside regulations".

i get 18650 cell regularly, last 1 week ago. never a problem. (im in brazil)

turkeylord

Enlightened
I've got 14500s and 10440s on the way from different vendors, and I've only received tracking from one vendor... Hope they all make it!

NeedMoreLight

Newly Enlightened
That is reasonable, but for a bit more (19.85) I can get them in a few days not possibly weeks from China. I have an order that has been sitting for almost 3 weeks and hasn't moved, and will probably be returned to the dealer when inspected because of all this.

Holiday

Newly Enlightened
I agree, if the same accident happens again , maybe Singapore Post will forbid Batteries too, it will be the hardest time

Changchung

Flashlight Enthusiast
From fasttech

Actually we can still ship the batteries with special packing. But the delay will still occur due to the thorough investigation

Latest posts