Batteries not being mailed from china

JohnGribbin

Newly Enlightened
Where to buy Sanyo 18650 batteries if china won't ship

Considering the china post problem, I searched eBay and all seller were from china. No us sellers. Now what.

tripplec

Enlightened
i while ago DX told about changes in shipping li-ion batteries, then they started to ship all 18650 in plastic cases. they said this change was to make "shipping li-ion inside regulations".

i get 18650 cell regularly, last 1 week ago. never a problem. (im in brazil)
I notice my Sanyo Protected cells from FASTTECH came in a plastic snap over type case holding the pair of 2600mah 18650's. I'll most likely order another pair since the capacity is quite sufficient for my flashlight application and are a proven cell. The I4 Nitecore charger handled them fine. So all is well. I did have trouble finding them manually on there website. I did not see a section for them I ended up search for them and found various choices. I certain would recommend Fasttech as source 100%.

Theron

Newly Enlightened
Re: Where to buy Sanyo 18650 batteries if china won't ship

They already have workarounds AFAIK.

Yamabushi

Enlightened
Re: Where to buy Sanyo 18650 batteries if china won't ship

Considering the china post problem, I searched eBay and all seller were from china. No us sellers. Now what.

I just searched eBay and two "Top Rated Plus" US sellers list new Sanyo 18650s (on both ebay.com and ebay.ca).

ckundred

Newly Enlightened
From fasttech

Actually we can still ship the batteries with special packing. But the delay will still occur due to the thorough investigation

Sent from my phone with camera with flash and internet on it... :D

I hope that's the case, ordered 18650s and 10440s from Fasttech about two weeks ago and they were "accepted" by HK Post on the 12th. Yesterday they showed "processed" by HK Post. Hopefully they'll be on a plane soon! :thumbsup:

Grumpy1

Newly Enlightened
Thats not what i was told from their support.
From fasttech

Actually we can still ship the batteries with special packing. But the delay will still occur due to the thorough investigation

Sent from my phone with camera with flash and internet on it... :D

tripplec

Enlightened
I hope that's the case, ordered 18650s and 10440s from Fasttech about two weeks ago and they were "accepted" by HK Post on the 12th. Yesterday they showed "processed" by HK Post. Hopefully they'll be on a plane soon! :thumbsup:

That is how mine showed as well. I will come and it took about 2 weeks no problem just wait.

ckundred

Newly Enlightened
That is how mine showed as well. I will come and it took about 2 weeks no problem just wait.

Thanks...I ordered some a couple months ago and it was less than two weeks to my door. These have just been sitting over there in the postal facilities for a couple weeks but it does look like something is happening.

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
What the whole world really needs anyway is for a rock solid American manufacturer to pick up the slack. Someone in the good old USA to make quality cells, taking all the guess work out of buying li-ion cells. No more wandering about capacity, what chemistry did I really get, how old are these cells really. Yep a reliable USA manufacturer who will not horde the cells by refusing to sell them to the open market. Said company would rule the world!

Changchung

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thats not what i was told from their support.

I dont know what is your point, but maybe you can believe it with some proof???

Dibujo.jpg

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Chaungchung, please make your point with quotes we can read, and which forum they are from.

Bill

Grumpy1

Newly Enlightened
Never said i didnt believe you. I was told the exact opposite. Fasttech obviuosly need to work on their customer service.

tacticalpineapple

Newly Enlightened
My 18650s arrived today from fasttech. I ordered about 2 weeks ago. I was told by fasttech customer service about unspecified delays at HK Post. Don't know what they meant by that, but my batts definitely took longer than the advertised time of 5-7 days. Any thoughts?

Etsu

Enlightened
What the whole world really needs anyway is for a rock solid American manufacturer to pick up the slack. Someone in the good old USA to make quality cells, taking all the guess work out of buying li-ion cells. No more wandering about capacity, what chemistry did I really get, how old are these cells really. Yep a reliable USA manufacturer who will not horde the cells by refusing to sell them to the open market. Said company would rule the world!

Most of the world's lithium mining is in China, and China has export restrictions on the stuff. So, a US manufacturer would still have to get lithium from China, which could be a problem. China pretty much controls anything to do with lithium and many other rare-earth metals. If they want to keep manufacturing of the stuff in China, they can do it. The US has no say in the matter.

tripplec

Enlightened
It takes as long as it takes. I got mine from Fasttech as well. 2 weeks was approx it. They don't have control over the postal carriers and if a package is flagged for inspection which you was not it could take longer. I had one package from somewhere else opened up (marked and taped by customs) and it was over a month arriving.

You got them. Thats what counts.

RCS1300

Flashlight Enthusiast

Can you imagine the average American consumer using an 18650 lithium ion battery or better yet, two in one flashlight in series? Can you imagine the average American consumer paying attention to the charging and use characteristics?

The liability for any US based company would be tremendous.

I ordered a few AW 18650's from lighthound. They arrived yesterday.

ckundred

Newly Enlightened
I got an order from Fasttech today. Some 10440s that I ordered about 2 weeks ago. Another order is showing that it will be delivered tomorrow, so batteries are still coming but shipping is taking a bit longer.

turkeylord

Enlightened
I just placed an order with Fasttech today, some NCR18650Bs. We'll see what happens. *fingers crossed*

Changchung

Flashlight Enthusiast
Never said i didnt believe you. I was told the exact opposite. Fasttech obviuosly need to work on their customer service.

I dont mean to be rude, sorry, you are right, their need to work a little better...

Chaungchung, please make your point with quotes we can read, and which forum they are from.

Bill

You cant see the image? This is from a ticket with fasttech costumer service that I open.

#147.
posted 3 days ago
by you

Hi Jasmine, I am reading in various forums about the problems shipping lithium batteries, do you find a way to shipp the batteries out? Thanks

#148.
posted 1 day ago
by Jasmine Staff

Actually we can still ship the batteries with special packing. But the delay will still occur due to the thorough investigation.

#149.
posted 1 day ago
by you

Hi, thanks, this is a good news.

Last edited: