Batteries: What is your inventory?

Beacon of Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am glad you brought it up though, as I like this idea with the Ammo cases better than the Walmart tackle box cases.

alfreddajero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes now that you think of it so do i.....and you cant beat the price. Im going to look at my cells because i want to use a couple for primaries and the other for rechargeables. This would be a good idea to see what i have in stock and what i need to get more of.

Last edited:

Beacon of Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
Since you have a big supply of C123's, you might want to email Cabelas to find out which caliber shell case is the right size for C123 cells.

alfreddajero

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is the reply from Cabela's......

SubjectYes i have a question on your ammo cases, i have a bunch of cr123's and would... Discussion Thread Response (Nick G.)03/30/2009 09:19 PMHello Alfred,

Thank you for contacting Cabela's Product Information. I would recommend one of the Camo Marine Dry Boxes Item:QX-014694, $15.99 - $27.99. Below is a link to these boxes.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp?id=0005711014694a&type=product&cmCat=SEARCH_all&returnPage=search-results1.jsp&Ntk=Products&QueryText=ammo+box&sort=all&_D%3AhasJS=+&N=0&Nty=1&hasJS=true&_DARGS=%2Fcabelas%2Fen%2Fcommon%2Fsearch%2Fsearch-box.jsp.form23&_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1

I was hoping for something with foam cindrical cutouts for cr123's.

Last edited:

Beacon of Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's too bad. Maybe you should have directed them to the actual box I linked to for the AA/AAAs and ask if there is a size for CR123s. Big difference in price. I called today and ordered 5 of each AA/AAA boxes. The AAA size is backordered though.

Aldrich1987

Newly Enlightened
AA batteries are 51x14mm (2.00x0.55in).

The Winchester Super Short Magnum (WSSM) cartridge measures 60x14.1mm (2.36x0.555in). So if you get a WSSM case, it should fit AA's pretty nicely.

AAA batteries are 44.5x10.5mm (1.75x0.41in).

I'm having a bit more trouble finding a cartridge similar to an AAA. Seems most of them jump from 9.6mm in diameter and the right length to about 13mm in diameter and way too long.

rockz4532

Enlightened
My inventory is...

Primaries:
4 CR-123a
19 AA Energizers
4 D duracells

Rechargeable:
4 aaa Eneloops
8 crapgizer 2500 mah's
8.4v airsoft battery
9.6v RC battery
2 3.6v cordless phone batteries

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
I try to have as few types as possible, namely AA, C, D and CR123.

I think I have enough for a long emergency...

Last edited:

alfreddajero

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was finally able to do a count......I forgot to add the Rayo 11D's.

captureupx.jpg

Last edited:

Beacon of Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well I received 2 of the 5 .270/ 30-06 cases today. Too small an opening to fit in the AAs comfortably. You can force them in but that's not a solution. Problem is after looking at the specs the AAA cases (.222/.223 sized) probably will be too tight a fit for the cells as well. They will probably all be going back. I spent some time going through the list of the 50 round cases they have, and going to all the wiki pages of different kinds of ammo and had to find the best size. My findings are basically .454 Casull (possibly too short, but may work) for AAs (I just ordered WSSM size to be sure as it should definitely work for AAs) and .357 size will work for AAAs. Will let you all know once they arrive. Here is a pic of the .270/30-06 case with a AA trying to squeeze into the grid.

Cabelas.jpg

Cabelasgrid.jpg

Cabelastopview.jpg

Cabelas50roundcase.jpg

You can see the grid where the AAs were pressed in start to bulge flex quite a bit. I think the new size cases I ordered today should fit well. AAAs do fit in this case but they are shorter than the grid so taking them out of the case wouldn't work unless you added spacers in each compartment. I hope the new cases will be the correct size. Consider this as me taking one for the team, once I find out the correct size.

I will say these are nice cases and for a little more than $2.00 a case to hold 50 cells, it is a downright steal! You can't even get a 8 cell holder for that price...

Last edited:

alfreddajero

Flashlight Enthusiast
That would not be a good idea....sorry to see that they didnt fit. Hopefully the next box will be a perfect fit for AA's and does'nt cause the sides to bulge out like that.