Batteries with low self discharge "LSD"

MrAl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi there,

Im still waiting for Energizer to come out with some type of lsd cell, but
it looks like i got a long wait.

Gazoo

Enlightened
Why wait - when Sanyo and others have them now?

I fully agree. I will never buy another energizer again of any kind. I despise the fact that their alkaline batteries have leaked in my remotes and a few other devices. Sorry for the rant!

I love my Sanyo eneloop AA and AAA batteries, and they are replacing my aging NIMH's and alkaline batteries.

And if they ever to make a LSD C and D battery, I do have a few things I could use them in too.

MrAl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Why wait - when Sanyo and others have them now?

Hi,

I am not waiting to buy a set, i am waiting to see them come out with
a set so i can hear how good or bad they work.

I already have a set of Kodak LSD clones.

tarponbill

Newly Enlightened
I just bought a bunch of Hybrids, on sale at Walmart, they appear to live up to the claim of 2000 mAh in my crude testing. The $5 off is on the next buy of 4AA cells, so the cost is not quite as good, but still the lowest around these parts. I think you get 2 $5 off coupon buys, at least I did, and they did send back the 2x $5 already. I put a set of four AA Hybrids aside after a discharge/charge cycle to sit for three months and see how that goes.

The first set of 4 AAA I put in the wifes digital camera lasted a surprising short period of time, but after a re-charge, they were up to spec.

I have 4-4D Maglites that are starting to look unloved with all the advances in LEDs and batteries. Going to look around for AA-D cell adaptors and test that out.

Rechargeable LSD AA-AAA is sure looking like the future for most common usage from where I am.

cam94z28

Newly Enlightened
Found another one to add to the list....

Samsung/Pleomax E-Lock 2100mAh....

http://www.pleomax.co.kr/

Click on batteries/rechargeable (stupid flash site so no direct link), then at the bottom click the icon with the grey/white package....

PocketBeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is a cool thread, but would it be possible to post estimated prices? Also any other information that could be used for comparison, like capacity. And do they all hold their charge for about the same time, or are their major differences?

tarpon6

Newly Enlightened
I'm gun shy to use any LSD cells except the Eneloops right now. What other brands have tested to be as good or better than the Eneloops as far as their discharge rate and meeting their stated capacity?

Curious_character

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got some Sony Cycle Energy cells, in AA and AAA, at Fry's which seem to be LSD cells. The capacity is the same as Eneloops, and they behave very similarly.

c_c

Curious_character

Flashlight Enthusiast
Interesting - they are claiming a higher capacity for these LSD cells than I've seen from anyone else - 2300 mAh for the AA cells and 900 mAh for the AAA cells.

What's the bet that they're simply overstated though??? :scowl:
I'll give you 100 to 1.

They're ideally suited for use in those $10, 200 lumen, 10 watt Chinese flashlights.

c_c