Bay Area get together for television program

LowBat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Attendance list updated.

Jim, that's a good idea about the lot. I saw it on Google Maps too and was wondering about it. I'm also looking into a field behind Kelley Park that has a large parking lot. I will be meeting the San Jose Parks Department soon. So will your pot of chili be "Jim's Famous Beans"?

vacuum3d, for the pot luck we could use a few main dishes and maybe a dessert item. Drinks such as soda, punch or milk would also be good to bring. I started a list on the first post of what others are taking so we won't get duplication.

greenlight, that's an good idea!

Weylan, get permission, you're going to have fun!

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Has anyone attending not yet seen my LK12? If anyone wants to see it (again), I'll bring it. If not, it's a little bulky to tote along.

Any specific lights of mine you'd like to see? (List available in sig link.)

modamag

Flashlight Enthusiast
Guys, Here's the agenda for modding. ALL CREE MODS with OD < 1.125".

Let's start a little early like 12 (noon) so we have more time modding.

It takes quite a bit of time to setup the lathe so what I will do for the Sat get together is for 5C collets which will have the capability of 0.047" - 1.125". That way we can trim down most of the smaller stuff "quickly" and get the most bang for the time available. XRE mod typically only take 5-30 minutes/light.

If you're interested in doing something larger you can drop by my house sometime next week and do it during the weekday. I will be on vacation (at home) for the week. And we can do it then.

The small bench mill will be available for doing slots for Cree XRE or Tritium.
The larger CNC mill is still down due to a fried board :( so maybe next next next get-together.

As for food, it's a pot luck.
So if you can bring finger food to make it easy on everyone.
I'll provide the Korean BBQ (like last time) & couple loaf of fresh bread. In addition to that I'll order 2x large pizza just incase.

I'll check with my next door neighbor if they don't mind we climb the fence. It's a 1.5 acre lot but there's alot of street light pollution there.

REMEMBER YOUR NAME TAG! If you got a special one like Patric bring it. Otherwise I'll just drop by OD and pick up some generic puke green one :nana:

Thanx Larry for running the leg work.

dduane

Newly Enlightened
WHOEE! A Mod party! My first ever. I'd like to try the 4-cree mag mod. Jonathan, can I come by next week and do it?
I'll try to make it on the 23rd!

DrJ

Enlightened
I'd like to come...and Toast would too...I don't have a mod (yet)....

I can bring some food/drink (TBD)...and if it's not too much trouble, I'd like to see the LK12.

LowBat

Flashlight Enthusiast
DrJ said:
I'd like to come...and Toast would too
Who's Toast, do you mean CPFer Toaster?

EDIT: Ahh, I've just been informed. I must have missed that get together.

Last edited:

DrJ

Enlightened
Toast is the flashlight nic of one of my kids, she was at the last Bay Area get together with me....

tedjanxt

Enlightened
modamag said:
Guys, Here's the agenda for modding. ALL CREE MODS with OD < 1.125".

Let's start a little early like 12 (noon) so we have more time modding.

It takes quite a bit of time to setup the lathe so what I will do for the Sat get together is for 5C collets which will have the capability of 0.047" - 1.125". That way we can trim down most of the smaller stuff "quickly" and get the most bang for the time available. XRE mod typically only take 5-30 minutes/light.

If you're interested in doing something larger you can drop by my house sometime next week and do it during the weekday. I will be on vacation (at home) for the week. And we can do it then.

The small bench mill will be available for doing slots for Cree XRE or Tritium.
The larger CNC mill is still down due to a fried board :( so maybe next next next get-together.

As for food, it's a pot luck.
So if you can bring finger food to make it easy on everyone.
I'll provide the Korean BBQ (like last time) & couple loaf of fresh bread. In addition to that I'll order 2x large pizza just incase.

I'll check with my next door neighbor if they don't mind we climb the fence. It's a 1.5 acre lot but there's alot of street light pollution there.

REMEMBER YOUR NAME TAG! If you got a special one like Patric bring it. Otherwise I'll just drop by OD and pick up some generic puke green one :nana:

Thanx Larry for running the leg work.

Thats way cool you are providing your machine tools and whatnot. Kudos Modamag!

vacuum3d

Enlightened
What? You have another week of vacation? Is Wednesday good? I have a few reflectors to mod. I can bring lunch over if you'd like or go out or whatever.

For Saturday, if finger food is preferred, I can bring some Dim-Sum instead of drinks. Speak up if you care.

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Korean BBQ and Jim's famous beans... sweet! :drool:

No problem, DrJ - I'll bring the LK12. My pleasure!

If there are no other specific things anyone wants to see, I'll bring some of my newest acquisitions - Scorpion LED, TL-3 1499, and whatever else arrives in time.

If my FZ50 (camera) gets to me before the 23rd, the get-together will be a great opportunity for a field test! :grin2:

modamag

Flashlight Enthusiast
LARRY! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!
Seeing you and the VSS-3A in action would be one of the best Xmas present for any flashahollic.

vacuum3d: Ernest, I can't help it! I worked too hard the last eight year. This is the first year that I used up most of my vacation. Wednesday is JimH's shop build day. If you have some time come and join us. It's a great treasure hunt at Jim's.

TigerhawkT3: LEICA :drool:

Weylan

Enlightened
Ernest, I can bring some dim sum too? Want to split it and bring some? Bow and some noodles?

Would modding a Q3 to be CREE compatible be out of the question? O gads I may have a full plate again... So many light so little time!

dduane

Newly Enlightened
modamag said:
LARRY! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!
Seeing you and the VSS-3A in action would be one of the best Xmas present for any flashahollic.

vacuum3d: Ernest, I can't help it! I worked too hard the last eight year. This is the first year that I used up most of my vacation. Wednesday is JimH's shop build day. If you have some time come and join us. It's a great treasure hunt at Jim's.

TigerhawkT3: LEICA :drool:

Modamag, is there room for one more on Wednesday? What parts do I need for a 4-cree mag? Shall I bring sandwiches, soup, noodles or everything then?

vacuum3d

Enlightened
Weylan, if you wanna bring dim-sum, then go ahead. I'll stick with bringing drinks.

Duane, Wednesday is more of a helping Jim get organized day. I think the modding is going to happen on Thursday. I'm sure Jonathan doesn't mind if you show up. If he's got time, maybe we'll just do lunch before the mod.

LowBat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm going to mod my Fenix L1P with a Cree XR-E and a new reflector; and if it really is as easy as Jonathan says, I'm upgrading to a multi-level circuit that will be controlled by the reverse clicky. :devil:

Bisley

Newly Enlightened
There's a reason why they close Alum Rock park after sunset.
You'll need more than a flashlight if you hang out down there!