=== Bay Area Mod-Fest BBQ Invitation ===

VidPro

Flashlight Enthusiast
me thinks i would like to go, mabey bring some nasty fruits and vegtables stuff.
willing to car pool to from the east bay, i am in livermore pleasanton dublin type area.

Groundhog66

Banned
Looking like with the current grilling timeframe, my wings might not fit the bill. I am going to need about 3 hours to get them prepared after I get there, I guess they can be an after lun/before dinner snack...:shrug:

Tim

Looks like logistics are not going to allow me to come through with the wings, they will have to wait until my next BBQ.

Sorry

Last edited:

modamag

Flashlight Enthusiast
I goofed guys. I meant to say it's Saturday September 22nd but somehow what I wrote was Sunday.

So, I'll try to call everyone that I have # for and notify.
Please pass on the new, just in case.
I don't want anyone to show up on Sunday and see nobody home.

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just FYI, tomorrow is Yom Kippur. If there are any Jews (like me) who actively practice to any degree at all (unlike me), they probably won't be able to make it on Saturday.

modamag

Flashlight Enthusiast
Didn't know that. But for Yom Kippur it only prohibit.

1. Eating and drinking
2. Wearing leather shoes
3. Bathing/washing
4. Anointing oneself with perfumes or lotions
5. Marital relations

There is nothing said about making flashlight or having fun with friends :-D

cqbdude

Enlightened
Bummer....I will miss the lucheon, I made lunch plans for Saturday...
But I will come by after...

LowBat

Flashlight Enthusiast
At first I thought I could make Saturday, but now that isn't going to happen. Have fun everyone. :)

Last edited:

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jonathan,

Thanks for another great modfest. Not too much modding got done except for Kevin. It was fun watching him make buttons, cut threads and remove anodizing for a Mag mod - a cool little 2 C light.

The BBQ was great. I don't remember who brought what, but it was all very good, especially Jonathan's Oriental BBQ.

It was nice to see Goldserve again and very nice to meet his girlfriend, Laurel or Lauren (I'm terrible with names). She was nice enough to pretend not to mind hanging out with a bunch of flashlight geeks. She actually convinced us she was interested in what we do. The fact that she was both cute and intelligent probably added to the effect.

Thanks again Jon. Hopefully by the next modfest I'll have something to mod. I'm still looking for the next breakthrough in hotwires.

Special thanks to Katie (Jonathan's better half) for providing logistical support.

VidPro

Flashlight Enthusiast
I goofed guys. I meant to say it's Saturday September 22nd but somehow what I wrote was Sunday.

oops, guess i missed it huh :)
i need to pay better attention. i got the PM (thanks johnathan) but i looked to late. oh well next time.