Beamshots: Fenix TK70, TK41 vs Olight SR90, M3X vs 24W and 35W HID!

kj2

Flashaholic
you should use the TK70 as bike light :) -everybody will see you than, haha:D

hea! post 100 for me. Yes! :D :D

pageyjim

Enlightened
What would a cop do when he comes to your car with his light and you shine back with a TK 70? I guess it is not advisable but an interesting thought anyway.

chipdouglas

Newly Enlightened
What would a cop do when he comes to your car with his light and you shine back with a TK 70? I guess it is not advisable but an interesting thought anyway.

I wouldn't try this, but the mere thought of it is kind of funny. Cops in my area are still using small Maglites - I was pulled over the other week and the officer shined that mini Maglite at me - I was thinking to myself : ''hey, do you want to see what you guys should be using instead of those archaic flashlights''. I had my TK-15 next to me. Seriously, I'm sure oficers in my area have no idea there are such powerful small lights, otherwise you'd think they'd have made the switch. I found it to suck for a police officer to wield a small Maglight as their primary light.

kj2

Flashaholic
I wouldn't try this, but the mere thought of it is kind of funny. Cops in my area are still using small Maglites - I was pulled over the other week and the officer shined that mini Maglite at me - I was thinking to myself : ''hey, do you want to see what you guys should be using instead of those archaic flashlights''. I had my TK-15 next to me. Seriously, I'm sure oficers in my area have no idea there are such powerful small lights, otherwise you'd think they'd have made the switch. I found it to suck for a police officer to wield a small Maglight as their primary light.
Even here, the cops are using Fenix instead of old Mags :p

magicmanchris

Newly Enlightened
Is there still any word on when the TK70 will be released? I know that when it hits the market, it will be in my shopping cart pronto!

cujet

Newly Enlightened
I've got the SR-90 and it's incredible. In fact, I took it up at night in my Cessna 177 and used it as a landing light. It's WAY brighter than the 2 stock Par 46, 4509Q, 100 watt halogen landing lights I have.

The Cessna has a crank out window that allows the SR-90 to get a farily straight shot out at the runway. That Fenix must be stunning.

Last edited:

magicmanchris

Newly Enlightened
I've never sat next to a Pilot during a one handed Cessna landing. Would most likely be my last flight. "Jesus Take the Wheel"

mrpink

Newly Enlightened
I've got the SR-90 and it's incredible. In fact, I took it up at night in my Cessna 177 and used it as a landing light.
well now, obviously im jealous. but other than that i dont know what to say.

LOL

AlPal

Newly Enlightened
It looks like Fenix will be selling a lot of TK70's because of this post. jirik cz should be getting some royalty fees for doing these pics.

AusKipper

Enlightened
Fenix TK41
fenixtk41.jpg

^^ what I have on order ^^

Fenix TK70
fenixtk70nimh.jpg

^^ what I dont have on order :( ^^

$0 = Remaining flashlight budget for a while :(

Why make me so sad jirik? WHY!! :'(

Fortunately, due to the fairly insane size of the Fenix TK70, i'm really not that disappointed :)

kj2

Flashaholic
Why make me so sad jirik? WHY!! :'(

Fortunately, due to the fairly insane size of the Fenix TK70, i'm really not that disappointed :)
I've the TK41 too. Very happy with it. Has a good throw. Don;t be disappointed, it's gonna take a while before the TK70 will come in the stores.

Mr Floppy

Flashlight Enthusiast
The one thing I liked about SR90 was the single LED but the thing I like about the TK70 is the use of D cells.

The bad thing about both lights is that my accordion has a hole in it and my dancing monkey ran away to join the circus. I'll just have to sell that kidney

Patriot

Flashaholic
The Cessna has a crank out window that allows the SR-90 to get a farily straight shot out at the runway. That Fenix must be stunning.

Holy cow! Were you piloting or co-piloting? I've never taken my hand off the throttle during a landing.

Great beamshot Jirik! As an HID man, I've really enjoyed watching the LED's catch up and now surpass some of the low end HID up to 35W. They just don't produce the claimed lumen output. I'm having a ball with my SR90 but as you stated it still doesn't come close to the high end HID's.

jirik_cz

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you follow link in the OP there are beamshots of X21 (powered by AA eneloops in D adapters :)) as well.