Beamshots: Fenix TK70, TK41 vs Olight SR90, M3X vs 24W and 35W HID!

naruko

Newly Enlightened
Fenix always has been quality personified The TK70 is a Monster I Love it and your pics are just Stupendous
grinser2.gif

TEEJ

Flashaholic
If the beam shots had been at 500 M instead of 85 meters for example, the impression becomes reversed, in that the TK70 floods a good 300-400 meters really well, but, it doesn't reach out with much useful life past that. Past this range is where a search and rescue light like the SR90 is useful, where the TK70 is useless.

I do disaster response work, and I use BOTH of them. If its short range, I use the TK70, as the flood of light is great. If its long range, I use the SR90 because its beam can put a large hot spot on a distant target...and it still provides generous spill for intermediate and close range.

The TK70 on Tenergy Premium D Cells was rated at over 2,500 L during testing at Photon Fest 18, the SR90 was rated at only 1,350 L. The difference is that the TK70 uses those lumens in a less concentrated beam, for a floody throw, and the SR90 concentrates the beam for maximum throw. MOST of the SR90's lumens make it out to a distant target...whereas the TK70's lumens are spread out over a wider area, and are not concentrated enough to throw that far.

Somewhere around 300-400 meters, the TK70's lux fall off becomes apparent...and it becomes harder and harder to tell if you are resolving a man with firewood in his arms, or a firearm, etc. The SR90 tells you if its loaded...or a load.

:D

user73

Newly Enlightened
Dear Jirik, could you complement the pictures of TK70 and dedomed SR90 with a NOT-dedomed SR95 shot in the same environment (or if not avaiable with a NOT-dedomed SR90)?
The dedomed SR90 has a too small bright area. I would very much like to see how a normal SR95 competes against the TK70.

That would fantastic. Thank you.

Last edited:

jirik_cz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dear user, there were no dedomed flashlights in original post. I don't have any dedomed SR90 or SR95.

Or if you mean by dedomed SR95 the new SR95S UT, it wasn't available in the time of making beamshots. But I will make a new set soon :)