Beamshots: Fenix TK70, TK41 vs Olight SR90, M3X vs 24W and 35W HID!

RedForest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Apparently the X21 is to be followed up by an X22 using 6 or 7 XM-L leds, I think that's just speculation though.. :sssh:

candle lamp

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, Great beamshot! Thanks.

A blind man can recover his sight when he look the huge quantity of the light.

jirik_cz

Flashlight Enthusiast
IMHO the X22 is just a myth. It can not be found anywhere on the internet except one youtube comment.

Enlightened
This reminds me, throwjunkie was supposed to get some beamshots with the SR90 (think the last post he said it got flooded real bad) and then with the new Ebay 65W ballast. He never really got to post with the new 65W ballast. He last said it was a crazy weekend with the tornadoes/hail, but I think after that weekend you guys in US were hit with many more tornadoes during the few weekdays? I hope he is alright man, he is not posting or answering my PMs!

myst999

Newly Enlightened
Hmm. The TK35 is looking pretty good compared to the TK41. The throw seems pretty close but the TK35 lights up the surrounding area a lot better.

TK41
Fenix_TK41.JPG

TK35
fenix_TK35.JPG

Craig K

Enlightened
What would a cop do when he comes to your car with his light and you shine back with a TK 70? I guess it is not advisable but an interesting thought anyway.

haha that's funny.

phantom23

Flashlight Enthusiast
Another test where TK41 isn't as throwy as we can expect from 55klux.

Ekinorak

Newly Enlightened
This reminds me, throwjunkie was supposed to get some beamshots with the SR90 (think the last post he said it got flooded real bad) and then with the new Ebay 65W ballast. He never really got to post with the new 65W ballast. He last said it was a crazy weekend with the tornadoes/hail, but I think after that weekend you guys in US were hit with many more tornadoes during the few weekdays? I hope he is alright man, he is not posting or answering my PMs!

Offtopic but i did a beamshot with 65 watt ebay vs a sst90. Its the Trustfire X6 so the led is underdriven.
hid.jpg

sst90.jpg

owner

Newly Enlightened
Here comes a big guy, the Olight SR92, with three XM-L U2 and 2400 lumens.
sr92.jpg

Last edited:

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
I feel I must chime in and +1 the sentiment of this thread. Having played with a SR90, that TK70 must be amazing in person. Thanks for the beamshots!

monkeyboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Holy cow, there's a whole bunch of new olight XM-L lights on the web. Someone should start a new thread

EDIT: OK I've created a new thread for the new olight models

Last edited:

Enlightened
Offtopic but i did a beamshot with 65 watt ebay vs a sst90. Its the Trustfire X6 so the led is underdriven.

Your Ebay 65W may not be focused correctly, seems to have a donut with a hotspot above it. Do check if the bulb is centered as well. PMed ya.

Looks like we have a contender for the TK70! Olight SR92! On shoudian forum, the guy said that it is as bright as the SR90, but does not throw as well.

Last edited:

steved3

Newly Enlightened
The SR90 will continue to be their long-throw light....the beam is pretty tight coming off the reflector. It'll be interesting to do back to back shots of the SR90,SR91 and SR92.

sr90-beamshot11.jpg

Fatso

Newly Enlightened
Any chance you got the SR92 or SR91 yet?
I seriously need help deciding on the SR91. I wanted the 90 but changed my mind and that TK70 just looks huge next to the SR90 in light-reviews TK70 review.
Maybe I should just buy a SR51 and try it out then sell it. I wanted something that throws further than my catapult and seems the SR91 is it?? Anyone know if the SR51 really throws 800Meters? or is it like a M3X?

HKJ

Flashaholic
Any chance you got the SR92 or SR91 yet?

If have the SR91, the SR92 and SR51 is at the custom office and it will probably take a week before I see them (or longer if they are on summer vacation). The TK70 is also in the mail and will not be stopped at the custom office.

Rat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looking at those pictures it looks like the SR90 has the TK70 in throw its hot spot looks brighter. Would this be a correct observation in real life ?