been here 20 years today what a waste of time lol

pnwoutdoors

Enlightened
Fifteen years, myself.

Haven't always contributed much. Haven't been a first-adopter, safe-queen type of collector; nor a collector, really. Mostly, early on I explored a variety of LED lights in order to settle on a given format for my EDC. Turns out, the Malkoff drop-ins with a decent body work perfectly for my needs. Still have a little 4Sevens Quark 123, and still have a custom LambdaLights MagLite 2D.

Have enjoyed the often-bottomless well of knowledge that many of the long-timers bring to the table, here on the forum. Turns the place into a first-rate information store, for knowing about options and products. Thank you, to all who have contributed their knowledge and perspectives.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
Please enlighten us as to the intended topics of discussion in the Cafe. That's where raggie33 posts, and, BTW, that's where this thread was posted.
nascar and me dont get along to well lol . most time i just ignore him lol... i blame me i realy should make post that are only flashlight related . i will try been thinking about a new light i want it aa powered less then 3 inches long 400 lumens on a alkaline.. kind of like zebra aa but smaller like a fenix aa

Monocrom

Flashaholic
nascar and me dont get along to well lol . most time i just ignore him lol... i blame me i realy should make post that are only flashlight related . i will try been thinking about a new light i want it aa powered less then 3 inches long 400 lumens on a alkaline.. kind of like zebra aa but smaller like a fenix aa
It's not AA, but I'd say give the Fenix PD25R a serious look.

letschat7

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was here a long time ago but mostly stopped posting due to some corruption elsewhere and the NSA spying thing when I went without name for a long while.

For a while I bought like one light a year. A Suprabeam pen light, Petzl Zipka, a couple Petzl Strix, Lenser F1 and F1W, X21, Mag 3C LED, Zenitco weapon light, and some other stuff I can't think of.

Here is fun but I buy way too many lights when I'm here and spend a lot of money. I think this go around I may have spent 10K USD on lights.

I think when I'm normal light buying it is more practical lights instead of what I really want such as some colour or using a certain battery, or the design.

I some times enjoy your posts as they can be quite random. Homeless one day buying a big screen tv the next.

This time period of 2003-2023 is very interesting in the world of lights with new battery technologies, green initiatives, Xenon and LED, LEP and COB. I think it will slow down at some point since the big companies cater to the gov and they want efficent lights that recharge using common cables. Also with LED not being so hot now as it used to be I don't think their will be so many radical designs in the future.Right now I see a lot of common batteries regardless of brand and similiar performance. I have more fun with the older lights actually.

I hope you enjoy another 20 years here. I don't even think the other forums I was on are as active as here which is a shadow of it's former self. Too bad I would have to go to Reddit to find a busier light forum but they act obnoxiously.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
I just joined. I'm glad to be here because I'm strangely passionate about flashlights. I hope I'm here for the next 20 years and all of you are too.
I don't think it's a strange passion. There's something magical about the ability to produce light form your hand whenever you want to. Imagine if past civilizations saw these lights and what they would think of them,

I don't think it's a strange passion. There's something magical about the ability to produce light form your hand whenever you want to. Imagine if past civilizations saw these lights and what they would think of them,
Uh, I think you're thinking of E.T.
Us Earthlings have to use a flashlight.
tjM5PnDvGBkl2d7YnwjGchGszis.jpg

Last edited: