been here 20 years today what a waste of time lol

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Strap Maglite LED Solitaires onto their backs.
Let them lead the way! :giggle:
I heard the rat czar say something on the news about NYC having like 2 million rats? Did I hear that right? If so, Mr. Maglica would probably need to step up Solitaire production in order to outfit all those New Yorker rats. Whoah! What an order! Well, its about as valid an expenditure as they have been spending money on for the past few years... :rolleyes::sneaky::whistle::giggle::confused::awman::cry:

letschat7

Flashlight Enthusiast
When I was like 9 or 10 our house got invaded by rats. The dog was playing with a dead one and my parents said put on gloves and go bury it. Then I seen the garage was getting destroyed a few days later. Powercords were being chewed up, the dog food sack had a hole in it and card board boxes had holes in them.

At first they gave me some poison and instructions to use gloves and wash my hands with soap and water after using it. It kills them but they hide somewhere and smell bad. After that my mum drove me to a shop and got me a tin of pellets. I wasn't normally authorised to use such deadly ammunition in my Daisy powerline. She offered a dollar for each one killed and buried.

It felt like murder for hire and I basically became a sniper lurking under the house with an air rifle shooting anything that moved. 13$ dollars later we didn't have a rat problem and I got to purchase some Micro Machines. I imagine if I lived in NYC I could have shot my way into becoming a millionaire.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
When I was like 9 or 10 our house got invaded by rats. The dog was playing with a dead one and my parents said put on gloves and go bury it. Then I seen the garage was getting destroyed a few days later. Powercords were being chewed up, the dog food sack had a hole in it and card board boxes had holes in them.

At first they gave me some poison and instructions to use gloves and wash my hands with soap and water after using it. It kills them but they hide somewhere and smell bad. After that my mum drove me to a shop and got me a tin of pellets. I wasn't normally authorised to use such deadly ammunition in my Daisy powerline. She offered a dollar for each one killed and buried.

It felt like murder for hire and I basically became a sniper lurking under the house with an air rifle shooting anything that moved. 13$ dollars later we didn't have a rat problem and I got to purchase some Micro Machines. I imagine if I lived in NYC I could have shot my way into becoming a millionaire.
Easily a Billionaire!

Monocrom

Flashaholic
New York City and London. Only two cities in the world where "Rat Catcher" is a formal, City job to this day.

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Daisy Powerline... Fond memories. Wore mine out, plastic broke where the stock met the receiver.
I bought a Crosman M1 Carbine BB gun from Montgomery Ward when I was about...8? I guess. The plastic stock broke at the pistol grip. Molding flaw, I think. I got the stock replaced, I don't remember if it was under warranty or I had to pay for it out of pocket. I wore the mechanism out. I'd love to get it repaired, but I don't know if Crosman still has parts. I guess I should contact them and see. Still have the original box it came in. :) Good times, good times!

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
New York City and London. Only two cities in the world where "Rat Catcher" is a formal, City job to this day.
I was in Paris, France, July of 2005, when Tom Hanks and Ron Howard were filming The Da Vinci Code there. I was studying abroad, taking a history of Paris class through a university that I was attending in the USA. My class was informed that at that time, there were 2 rats in Paris for every human in Paris. I don't remember what the population of Paris was at that time, but that is a lot of rats. I don't think NYC is up to that ratio--yet.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I was in Paris, France, July of 2005, when Tom Hanks and Ron Howard were filming The Da Vinci Code there. I was studying abroad, taking a history of Paris class through a university that I was attending in the USA. My class was informed that at that time, there were 2 rats in Paris for every human in Paris. I don't remember what the population of Paris was at that time, but that is a lot of rats. I don't think NYC is up to that ratio--yet.
And thankfully never will be! All thanks to our city-employed rat catchers.