Best CPF wisdom/comments?

Perfectionist

Enlightened
"Just one more then that will be enough" ..... not quite what someone told me ..... more what I tell myself on a regular basis !! :D

Burgess

Flashaholic
Don't buy any lights which use 123A Lithium cells,

cuz' they EXPLODE or "Vent with Flame" !

eeksign.gif
+
eeksign.gif
+
eeksign.gif
+
eeksign.gif
+
eeksign.gif

[just kidding]

lolsign.gif

Vickers

Enlightened
A lower intensity light can be more useful in some situations.

I guess I always KNEW this, but to see it actually posted, and with reasons (close-up work, maneuvering around the house without waking others, etc.), made me really appreciate some of my weaker, floodier flashlights (Inova X5, MiniMag with NiteIze drop-in, etc.).

NAW

Enlightened
xiaowenzu said:
A wise old saying:

"You aint a Flashaholic until you've bought a Surefire."

Hmm...
thinking.gif
never did hear that one before.

Anyway,

the thing I'm most appreciative of is outside beamshots & output measurements. Those kinds of things aren't easy to do especially if you're by yourslef.

Sarratt

Enlightened
The post that sticks in my mind , and the one that convinced me to buy a ProPoly Lux, was one that had a picture of the light after it had been loaned to someone who travelled to South America (if memory serves).
It was so beat up.
Dents, burn marks, just horrible but the light still worked.

I wish I could find that photo again. But just try 'searching' for "Streamlight ProPolymer Luxeon 4AA" ... just too darn popular -too many results.

:)

( if anyone runs across it(the picture) please let me know)

zx7dave

Enlightened
The best part of CPF is the wisdom you can gain by reading other CPFers trials (both good and bad) about modifications. I enjoy trying to make my lights better than they were from the factory without losing thier overall ability/function. This can be as simple as a new dropin LED or having it bored to run 18mm rechargeables etc...
It is nice to be surrounded with people of the same thoughts and interests that are eager to help and answer questions, not for money or glory, but just to help a stranger that happens to have the same hobby.

MacTech

Enlightened
Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, Earth, USA, New England
There will *always* be a newer, better, brighter, or longer running light than yours, be happy with the one(s) you have, constantly wanting a "better" light is the path to madness

.....my pockets hurt.....
;)

Warning!, the Surgeon General has determined that CPF may be hazardous to your bank account