Best flashlight for travel?

afdk

Newly Enlightened
:thumbsup: I recently took my (UK4AA eLED Zoom Front Switch), with me during my Maui vacation. It's a great little light and water proof to ten feet. I didn't want to chance losing my Surefire E2DL on vacation. It was plenty bright enough to light up the Koi ponds from 5 floors up at the Grand Wailea resort hotel.

http://www.uwkinetics.com/products/uk4aa-eled-zoom-front-switch-ci-d2

Last edited:

fisk-king

Flashlight Enthusiast
For me it usually depends on the locale, length, situation of the trip. Usually it's one of the "Big 3" EDC that I have (Nautilus, PD-S, Ra) but I have on plenty occasions taken just a miniAA neut. with my Draco and thats it.

Bicycleflyer

Enlightened
You should consider a Jetbeam PA40. Similar size as your Streamlight, but a whole lot more lumens.

Thanks for the tip, It's an interesting looking light. I will look into it more as I have time. But anything more than a 100 Lmn is really too bright. The only real time the sidewinder is challenged is the the tail section. That is 63 ft up in the air and the sidewinder is struggling. But for everything else it is great. As important as brightness is, I need something that gets really dim for use in the cockpit. the 2lmn low on that PA40 is appealing.

Some of these flashlights with moonlight mode appeal to me as well.