• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired BigLeef System (continued)

runngun

Newly Enlightened
Are a123 26650 cells available individually (not in dewalt etc. battery packs) and what are the charger options (my search fu is weak tonight)? Also, what bulb options are there for a 2 or 3x26650 w/ M3 or KT4 head, or will they be more useful for M*g head mods only?

Leef

Enlightened
Runngun, welcome to CPF!

I'm not much familiar with hotwire bulbs and the like. Others can answer that part of your question.

The 26650 cells, called A123 are made by A123 Systems (see http://www.a123systems.com/newsite/index.php#/products/cells26650/).
I've gotten the ones I use for my lights from the DeWalt packs that can be bought at ~$12/cell on eBay. Know-how and caution is required for disassembling these packs. I suggest you contact Milkyspit about buying the cells and chargers.

Leef

Enlightened
UPDATE: The SF-C and SF-M necks are finished by the CNC shop; the tailcaps are "70% done" (their words). They've just started the bodies and say they'll be finished this week. They haven't started the M*g D necks.

Add a week to when they finish for plating.

I should have the PC boards for the tailcap switches in a week. I already have the switches.

4 July? Hmmm. Not looking good. :mecry:The week after does look good.

Nebula

Enlightened
Leef - thanks for the update.

Runngun - yes, welcome to CPF. My advice is that your take Leef's advice. Milkyspit is the A123 man. I recently received one of his custom builds that uses a single A123 cell. Ask him about the X800!

Milky also sells the charger. He and another CPFer custom built the charger for use with the A123 cells.

Good luck.

KK

ar_wanton

Newly Enlightened
Is it going to be first come first serve when you ship the goods to lighthound?

Nebula

Enlightened
Leef -Are the members that signed up (your post #1 of this continuation thread) for the Leef System guaranteed a "system," or will we have to purchase from the Hound's generally available inventory? If, as mentioned in your first post, you would like a 50% payment to ensure my spot for the A123 powerd system please let me know as I am happy to send you or John my payment. Thanks. Kirk

Last edited:

Leef

Enlightened
RE SALES ORDER: All sales will be through the Hound, but we'll do our best to have parts available to those who've signed up in the "I'm really serious" signup (at the bottom of this thread). Never having done this before, I'm not quite sure how we'll pull it off, but them's mah intentions! :naughty:.

Leef

Enlightened
PHOTOS. These are of production parts, but painted with black Krylon for these photos. Also, the tailcap will be scalloped, which hasn't been done to the one in these photos.

These probably will go to the plater Monday, and given the holiday week, I'm guessing it'll be early the following week before they'll finish them.

Sorry guys, not in time for the fireworks. :mecry:

First, all the parts -- tailcap, body, and the three necks:
gall7896rs8.jpg

Now 1C size with SF C head:
g1cm7892zw6.jpg

A 2C size with SF M head:
g2cm7891pm0.jpg

And finally, a 2C size with M*g D head:
g2cmag7890zc3.jpg

The M*g D neck will have a PC board in it with a battery spring to the rear and the (+) and (-) contacts to the front. The cylindrical hole in front of the board is 1.5" deep (measured from the ledge in the head) and 1.3" in diameter (actually 1.5" in diameter for the first ~5/16" back from the ledge). This space is for regulator boards, small pets, mojo charms, etc.

Step right up...:naughty:

Nebula

Enlightened
Leef - They look terrific - even in spray paint :thumbsup:. That big Mag D head really blends in nicely with the body. I look forward to seeing these on the Hound's shelves. Kirk

monkeyboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
The easiest way to ensure people on the list get what they want is to PM them with the exact time that the items will appear on Lighthound's shelves. Not an ideal solution but this way Lighthound won't have to do anthing awkward to his website.

You could then announce it on this thread a few hours later.

Leef

Enlightened
Freyth, it depends on the neck. With a SF-C neck, it's 6-1/4", with a SF-M neck it's 6-3/4", and with a M*g-D neck it's 7" -- all measured from the part of the neck that the heads' rear o.d. seat against (that is, not including the part of the neck that you can't see when a head is screwed on).

Freyth

Enlightened
Wow, that's much shorter than I expected. Anyway OT a little: your nickel plated P1D-CE is great!

Leef

Enlightened
Hey Freyth, don't get personal! :crackup:

That aside, yes, thats a benefit of the BigLeef System compared to a M*g tube. M*g wastes a great deal of length with their switch.

jumpstat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Having looked at your proto, I am in for:-
1. 1xC neck, 1xM neck
2. 1xC body, 1x2C body
3. 2xTailcaps.
HA3 Gray would be nice.
Let me know for pre-payment if required.

c0t0d0s0

Enlightened
Can't say I'm a fan of this body pattern either. Knurling would be best, the grooved prototype shown in the first post wasn't bad looking either. But this... I dunno. Not my cup of tea :(

Latest posts