Bin Laden Dead!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
All I can say is I refuse to live in fear of any retaliation. Being ever vigilant is another matter, where I live situational awareness is second nature. :p

Where I live, most folks are oblivious as Hell.

But I'll raise a glass to you tomorrow when I'm celebrating! (Along with another one to anyone else who's doing likewise.) :twothumbs

StarHalo

Flashaholic
The mansion that Bin Laden was hiding in sounds like quite a fortress; Eight times bigger than any house in the area, at the end of a long road, 12-15 foot high concrete walls topped with barbed wire, two security gates, very few windows on the ground floor. But there were clues - trash was burned daily, the house had no phone or Internet connection, the couriers who moved in and out of the compound ad no known source of income..

The Navy SEALS required 40 minutes for the operation; Osama, one of Osama's sons, two other male adults, and a woman who was used as a human shield was killed. Osama did engage the operatives and fired on them. No operatives were lost, one helicopter was lost due to mechanical failure and was summarily self-destructed on-site.

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Last edited:

Potato42

Newly Enlightened
The mansion that Bin Laden was hiding in sounds like quite a fortress; Eight times bigger than any house in the area, at the end of a long road, 12-15 foot high concrete walls topped with barbed wire, two security gates, very few windows on the ground floor. But there were clues - trash was burned daily, the house had no phone or Internet connection, the couriers who moved in and out of the compound ad no known source of income..

The Navy SEALS required 40 minutes for the operation; Osama, one of Osama's sons, two other male adults, and a woman who was used as a human shield was killed. Osama did engage the operatives and fired on them. No operatives were lost, one helicopter was lost due to mechanical failure and was summarily self-destructed on-site.

Where are you getting all this info? The only stuff I can find basically says "He's dead!" and regurgitates the same stuff from other news stories. It would be nice to read more into what really happened.

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Where are you getting all this info? The only stuff I can find basically says "He's dead!" and regurgitates the same stuff from other news stories. It would be nice to read more into what really happened.

KFI News on the AM radio dial here in SoCal, they have quite a few veteran inside people.

PayBack

Enlightened
Oh I agree with you. But I'm not letting that stop me from celebrating tomorrow night. Even though it is a Monday.

The terrorists, the real ones regardless of nationality, will use any excuse in the world to do what they want to do. They hate America, everything it stands for, and all of us. They use a bunch of excuses. But it all boils down to hating America and everything she stands for. They'll simply use his death as another excuse. I'm not letting them damper my mood. Why? Simply because they have a new "excuse." Screw them. Time to celebrate.

I think it's a bit simplitic and short sighted to say "They hate America, everything it stands for, and all of us. They use a bunch of excuses."

Some have "excuses" I can understand. I can't understand blowing up women and children, but there are occassions were I can understand their anger at America. Admittedly the anger should fall on their own governments first, but then they're sometimes chosen by the US in the first place too.

"They hate freedom" was a great Bush catch cry, but often untrue.

Federal LG

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh I agree with you. But I'm not letting that stop me from celebrating tomorrow night. Even though it is a Monday.

The terrorists, the real ones regardless of nationality, will use any excuse in the world to do what they want to do. They hate America, everything it stands for, and all of us. They use a bunch of excuses. But it all boils down to hating America and everything she stands for. They'll simply use his death as another excuse. I'm not letting them damper my mood. Why? Simply because they have a new "excuse." Screw them. Time to celebrate.

I wish it was that simple... There are a lot of other countries in the world that stands for the same values America stands, and they´re not so hated as America is. Think about it.

Anyway, it´s good to see a bad guy out of the game. I like the implicit message US sent for all others bad guys. Cheers for President Obama for that one! I truly believe our planet is a better planet without Osama bin Laden.

But I´m worried for what is about to come. And it will come, unfortunately.

Payback said it all in his last post.

Last edited:

StarHalo

Flashaholic
The announcement was made to the crowd midway through the Mets-Phillies game, you don't normally see that much celebration outside the World Series..

flashflood

Enlightened
I wish it was that simple... There are a lot of other countries in the world that stands for the same values America stands, and they´re not so hated as America is. Think about it.

Anyway, it´s good to see a bad guy ot of the game. I like the implicit message US sent for all others bad guys. Cheers for President Obama for that one! I truly believe our planet is a better planet without Osama bin Laden.

But I´m worried for what is about to come. And it will come, unfortunately.

Payback said it all in his last post.

I am far more optimistic. Under pressure, bullies don't double down, they fold.

StarHalo

Flashaholic
CNN is showing the specific area (but not the specific building) where the mansion was located; the area is a retirement suburb on the outer reaches of a city - not a cave, not a highland outpost..

Imon

Enlightened
Wow ... unreal.

I remember I just got out of my 9th grade history class when I heard the WTC was hit. The rest of the day we spent looking at news footage of the towers going down.
Hard to believe its been 10 years.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Raise one for me too.

Will do!

And for the two individuals taking just a bit of exception to what I posted regarding America being hated. Sorry guys, have encountered both of your posts in the past. You guys are decent fellows. No offense, I'm too busy celebrating to care about discussing the matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.