Bin Laden Dead!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Lindsay Lohan tweets: "Go USA!" So it's time to celebrate even if you're already not sober..

She's a drunken mess who screwed up her own career with her antics. And I could have sworn she was back in jail. But bless her patriotic little heart. :party:

flashflood

Enlightened
Agreed. Bullies...

But, are we talking about just "bullies"?

Well, only time will tell. I hope you´re right and I´m wrong. :)

Al Queda has been emasculated. They're done. When you truly believe that nothing can happen unless it is Allah's will, an event like this is devastating in a way that cynical, cosmopolitan western minds cannot truly grok. It cannot be spun or explained away; it threatens the very foundation of the movement.

I am much more concerned that a couple of days ago we took out Michael Corleone's family in Libya, but Michael lived.

redaudi

Newly Enlightened
hey, bin laden....

we f***ing told you so.

I'm celebrating. I'm not going to live in fear that they will instantly counterattack. sure, there will likely be an attempt at retaliation down the road, but right now i am willing to bet they are reeling.

Any well thought out retaliation is going to be down the road, and I'm hoping by then, more inroads will be made into crushing al Qaeda. And anything that happens immediately will be a brash, rushed operation prone to mistakes and failure. All in all, I'm not horribly concerned.
Things may get hairy for some of the fobs in Iraq and Afghanistan due to retaliatory mortar attacks, etc, but those boys are pretty well prepared for that. I know we were.

A great justice has been done, and refusing to acknowledge that is pretty low in my book.

I say feed him to the pigs. But then, I'm rather non-PC.

GO USA!

StarHalo

Flashaholic
The assault operation was being watched in real time by intelligence chiefs in a conference room at Langley, VA, which erupted into applause at the completetion of the mission. So video of the entire event exists. Also, the DNA test which was performed on Osama's body will take a few days to process.

StarHalo

Flashaholic
MSNBC's Rachel Maddow has been in the crowd in front of the White House since it started forming; she notes that the crowd is mostly college-age people, and makes the interesting observation that this means most of the crowd was in elementary school when 9/11 occurred, so that day and the war on terror are deeply ingrained in those now celebrating..

Monocrom

Flashaholic
News footage of celebrations breaking out at Times Square and Ground Zero as well.

A far cry from the "celebration" that broke out at Washington Square park back on the very day the towers fell.

jtr1962

Flashaholic
I'm glad to hear this for many reasons, including losing a friend in the 9/11 attacks. The US had every justification in the world for killing him.

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Personally, I'm in two minds about his death. Believe me when I say he got what he deserved, but somehow I just don't feel it's quite right to celebrate the death of a person regardless of who they were. :thinking:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Personally, I'm in two minds about his death. Believe me when I say he got what he deserved, but somehow I just don't feel it's quite right to celebrate the death of a person regardless of who they were. :thinking:

Ah, but that's assuming he was even a human being.

I submit he stopped being that a long time ago, considering his actions.

But that's a topic for a different thread. :)

flashflood

Enlightened

Bin Laden celebrated the deaths of 3,000 human beings about whom he knew absolutely nothing.

No earthly vengeance could ever settle that debt, so I'm happy to see him evicted from the planet.

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bin Laden celebrated the deaths of 3,000 human beings about whom he knew absolutely nothing.

No earthly vengeance could ever settle that debt, so I'm happy to see him evicted from the planet.

True, but is it less wrong to celebrate the death of one than the death of many?

It's not his death that I have a problem with. It's the reactions of some to his death that I'm finding a bit distasteful.

flashflood

Enlightened
Navy Seals kick ***. God bless those guys. They are heroes.

Or maybe gals. How sweet would that be, if bin Laden's final moment was looking down the barrel of gun wielded by a young, immodest, and profoundly liberated American female?

Inshallah, let it be a chick who offed him.

And if the rumors are true that he was buried at sea, let us hope that he was wrapped in bacon and unceremoniously dumped in the midst of a school of sharks.

Let us hope also that they kept the head. There's a wall in Texas where it would go nicely.

Status
Not open for further replies.