Brightest LED This Newbie's Seen (Yet) -- Pics

• Thread starter **DONOTDELETE**
  • Start date

ElektroLumens

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Brightest LED This Newbie\'s Seen (Yet) -- Pics

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MR Bulk™:
I CAN'T! Lost it all, will have to take yet another picture (except now it'd be at the 40-hour mark (still HIGHLY usable light BTW). It's about 2 a.m. here now, so I'll have to get something to you tomorrow (when it'll be like 50 hours)!

Say, waitaminute - I may have the floppies from the Mavica -- if I find that I still have those I'll e-mail them to you.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

SUPER BUMBER ABOUT YOUR COMPUTER CRASH!!
frown.gif

Once the current and voltage drops down, the efficiency goes up, and the batteries last a super long time. I had a 3 'D' cell Luxeon modified Mag Lite on for three days. I just got tired of testing it and turned it off. It still produced usable light. AMAZING!
shocked.gif

My email account never went down like I though it would. Send to <[email protected]>

Wayne www.elektrolumens.com

D

**DONOTDELETE**

HAY! My site is back and so are the pics! If still interested, please try the links again...

ElektroLumens

Flashlight Enthusiast

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MR Bulk™:
HAY! My site is back and so are the pics! If still interested, please try the links again...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey Mr Bulk, great pics!!

grin.gif

ElektroLumens

Flashlight Enthusiast

Well, here it is at 61 hours. Shined it around outside to check the Hawaiian nighttime temperature, and it still generated very useful light: http://communities.msn.com/e5qmoda/shoebox.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=92<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow! 61 hours! I guess it's just a matter of when you decide what level of brightness is enough, as to when the batteries are changed.

I will usually change them out after 24 hours. Of course, I use mine intermittently, and the number of hours the batteries last would be longer than continuous use.

Here's the first beamshots you took, of the Luxeon Star direct drive Mag Lite, incomparison to the Lightwave 4000.

Luxeon.Lightwave4000.beamshots.jpg

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Hi Wayne,

Thanks for posting these.

The one on top is of the 4000 (left), the one below it is of the LW3000 (also on left).

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I GIVE UP...

Yeah, I give up on the battery runtime test. It seems the ElektroLumens LS MagLite conversion has settled into a dimmer but stable light beam, and at 77 hours I am still able to read the newspaper in total darkness across a small room.

So, being that I want to use the light for other things (like seeing stuff at night during work), I am throwing in the towel...EL LS MagLite: 1, MR Bulk™: -0-...

This is a Really nice light Wayne, thanks.

ElektroLumens

Flashlight Enthusiast

I GIVE UP...

Yeah, I give up on the battery runtime test. It seems the ElektroLumens LS MagLite conversion has settled into a dimmer but stable light beam, and at 77 hours I am still able to read the newspaper in total darkness across a small room.

So, being that I want to use the light for other things (like seeing stuff at night during work), I am throwing in the towel...EL LS MagLite: 1, MR Bulk™: -0-...

This is a Really nice light Wayne, thanks.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Your Welcome,
Wayne

ElektroLumens

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi Wayne,

Thanks for posting these.

The one on top is of the 4000 (left), the one below it is of the LW3000 (also on left).
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm glad you took those beam shots. I wanted to do this beam snot comparison myself, but I didn't want to buy a Lightwave 4000 (just to take some photos.) The Lightwave 4000 is a very good flashlight. However, it doesn't compare in brightness to a Luxeon Star, even one that is not seriously overdriven like yours.

RANGER.LUXEON.4.jpg