Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
raggie33 said:
well i live in ga and im sure most of ya heard about the place here that didnt creamte the people they just threw em in the woods in stuff.but i still want to be creamated no way i want to be burried

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to get off topic or anything, but.....I new that looked like the ATL in the pics you shot with the new camera rags. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

flownosaj

Flashlight Enthusiast
Encased in a photon torpedo and fired into the center of our solar system eventually falling into the sun /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Would that still be considered cremation?

turbodog

Flashaholic
No cremation. It's hard enough deciding what to do with dead realtive's furniture and stuff, without having to dispose of them also.

Also, after doing some pretty serious genealogy research, I have to say that in EITHER case please have a good long-lasting headstone, even if the grave is empty.

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd prefer to be donated to science, so that things can be learned. A burial at sea memorial would be great, too. .

_mike_

Flashlight Enthusiast
Strip me for any useable parts then cremation. Then carry my ashes in the trunk of a nicely restored 56 Chev.

Moat

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
BlindedByTheLite said:
i would prefer to have my body thrown to some wild animals or something. keep the cycle going.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup - me too. If only there was some simple, legal way to do so... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

DarkLight

Enlightened
I prefer rapture before natural death myself!

Beats all others combined! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
[ QUOTE ]
greenlight said:
Did he order sugar with that?

[/ QUOTE ]
Sugar? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif
When they creamate a body, they take it to a place called a "creamatorium", put it in a high temperature oven, and then take what remains (ashes) and put them in a funeral urn. I don't know where sugar enters the picture here. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Cremated and utterly destroyed, the ashes dispersed with the wind or in the sea, I do not care. Most im portant to me is total annihilation so that my family won't be burdenes by a silly grave etc.
bernhard

Sub_Umbra

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not too interested with what happens to my body when I'm done with it (or perhaps when it's done with me). It won't have any impact on me one way or another. It's up to my wife.

If she likes, she can just put me in a Hefty bag and set me on the curb on Thursday morning.

bjn70

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
they take it to a place called a "creamatorium", put it in a high temperature oven, and then take what remains (ashes) and put them in a funeral urn. I don't know where sugar enters the picture here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Must be a matter of terminology. "Cremation" is what you do to a used body. "Creamation" is what you do to your coffee, and most people do "sugaration" along with it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

greenLED

Flashaholic
Cremation, thank you very much. After my organs have been extracted for donation. It'd be nice to have my ashes spread out in that one little beach in front of the first house my family ever lived in...

KC2IXE

Flashaholic*
Cremation

Of couse I've told my wife they could give me to a shark fisherman to use for chum - that way they could always say "he was always a good chum"

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
[ QUOTE ]
bjn70 said:
Must be a matter of terminology. "Cremation" is what you do to a used body. "Creamation" is what you do to your coffee, and most people do "sugaration" along with it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
So I added an "a" in there that isn't supposed to be in there...got it.

bjn70

Flashlight Enthusiast
And you know that we're just kidding with you too.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

3rd_shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
What started off as a solemn thread has really turned into a laugher. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

Just goes to show that we have some good people here on cpf with a good sense of humor. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif
We knew what you meant Craig. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
A friend of mine...his sister just passed away in New York. She was cremated and the cost was over $5k! Here in Alaska it's a little over $1100 as we don't require a casket - but New York does.

I suppose they could have picked a casket that was less expensive...

Understand I've not checked into the laws of New York State, but I suppose there are different laws & regs everywhere.

Me personally, cremate me and spread my ashes on the Chugach Mountains that border Anchorage...I agree, I don't want a plot with a stone ---> Waste of space for me, however a method of "closing" for some.