Buying first Surefire. need opinions

stevesurf

Newly Enlightened
I saw a version of the L2 at the Surefire Anti-Terrorist Symposium in NYC last year and I realized that this was the perfect light for all of my uses:
Nighttime walking and cycling and personal security. I'm very new here, but have owned a good deal of Maglights and Inovas and was just amazed at the versatility and brightness. The only (minor) drawback to this light is IMHO that the front element can get sustantially hot in the high brightness mode for extended periods.

cernobila

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, plenty of opinions on this one.....I have plenty of Surefires but at the end of the day I will reach for my L2...thin, two light levels, I use the low level most of the time yet has greater output on high than the 6P/G2 lights and far more practical beam in close quarters. I like to see as much as I can close around me...so, sorry to buck the trend and pick the L2...this is my EDC light...my G2/6P's stay in my flashlight draw...when I want a strong light I pick my Tigerlight Gold 8" and yes I also carry this one in my pocket (I have good sized pockets) on our forest walks at night, good luck with your quest.

AlexSchira

Enlightened
Looking into stocking up on 123s for the season. Still looking into an LED head and/or rechargable cells, but for right now, I'm looking at the more basic add-ons. Such as, a SF-brand larnyard or the spares-carrier. In a perfect world, would I be able to use the larnyard that came with the carrier on the light? Also, would anyone even recommend a carrier in the first place? By this point, I'm looking into getting a nice little hard case with cut-away foam just for little Mr. Executive.

quokked

Enlightened
Aaah the development of another flashaholic
You could kill two birds with one stone Alex and get this offer
http://www.batterystation.com/cr123a.htm
from battery station
scroll down and there`s a pelican 1040 case with a foam cutout for a
light and 10 BS CR123s as well
I whipped my own version of this up using some sponges, a knife and some batteries but it`s a lot easier buying pre made

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Will an E1 executive have enough power to light a KL4 module UP? How's the performance of the Luxeon 5 with only one CR123 battery? In Surefire's website, it's stated that only the KL1 module is compatible with the E1 serie? Is that true?

AlexSchira

Enlightened
...Very serious about getting a back-up with how often I use this thing. I found a local deal on an e1L, but I'm not sure it would be the best choice. On one hand, I'd get the smaller body for concealed carry and the infamous KL1 head to form the e2L which would kick. Also, an e1L would be a nice light by itself, fellow light or not. Can anyone attest to the e1L?