• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Cerakote Service *Run 3 Open!* Get your lights coated by a NIS certified applicator!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bugsy714

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Cerakote Service - Get your lights coated by a professional NIS certified applica

All parts should arrive within the next 2 weeks; internationals need to have their parts in the mail by monday to arrive in time, domestics will need to be in the mail by next monday.

These are basic guidelines but invariably there are a few late mailers; just be sure to choose an appropriate shipping method if you are a last minute mailer =)

bugsy714

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Cerakote Service - Get your lights coated by a professional NIS certified applica

They are 2 parts lights. 80mm (total length) x 14mm diameter.
The electronic tail switch is not intended to be cerakoted.
Could you readjust the price?

So they are roughly 3" X 1/2", with no tailcap? That is going to be around $65 for 2 of them

bugsy714

Flashlight Enthusiast

Forgot to mention; if you are buying new parts to be coated you can have them shipped directly to me; there is a nominal fee for stripping/reassembly but that cost will often be recouped by not having to ship the lights twice

Also; if you want a new bored 6p, c2 or c3 caoted please check out my bored hosts thread linked in the first post; feel free to purchase any of those for coating service; they are already stripped so there are no extra fees for stripping/reassembly!

Morelite

Flashlight Enthusiast

Sorry guys I'm out on this run, I had a major oops with my C2 body when I was boring it for a 18650 cell.

939687dc.jpg

bugsy714

Flashlight Enthusiast

Eeek! My friend always used to say "cheap is expensive", are you going to turn it down to a rounder body now?

PM sent

Morelite

Flashlight Enthusiast

I don't yet know why that happened. I only bored to .731 and it came through only on that one milled flat area. The o-ring gland was supposed to be the thinnest area not there. I'll still use it as a beater light at work, it just won't be waterproof anymore. :shakehead

bugsy714

Flashlight Enthusiast

does your lathe have some kind of digital centering? seems like it was definitely a little off center or it wobbled just enough to shave through, bummer! I'd wrap it in some type of good quality electrical tape to seal it and possibly an outer grip layer...maybe enven griptape!

Morelite

Flashlight Enthusiast

Nope, nothing digital on my lathe, all manual. Either that milled flat area was too thin to start with or something just became out of wack on my lathe. I'll figure it out soon enough.
I thought about just making a whole new tube to my liking but the labor time just doesn't seem to compare to the cost of just buying another one, this time it will be a 6P body as I like them better anyway.

bugsy714

Flashlight Enthusiast

any takers for flat dark earth?

Morelite

Flashlight Enthusiast

This is Flat Dark Earth, I don't know why the whole pic doesn't show up.
Gun_5-1.jpg

bugsy714

Flashlight Enthusiast

Talked to the shop today, Flat dark earth is a go!

So We have:
Safety Orange
White
Graphite Black
Tan (Which one did you all decide on? He said Desert sand is the military standard for vehicles)
Flat Dark Earth

maddog

Enlightened

hello,

how much would a 2D Mag light cost to do? mag lights aren't listed

Lightdadark

Newly Enlightened

I will be shipping out my Solarforce L2 parts for the Orange run in a couple days. So that will be a total of 6 pieces... 2 tailcaps, 2 bodys, and 2 heads. I may also include a L2m, I dunno yet.

bugsy714

Flashlight Enthusiast

hello,

how much would a 2D Mag light cost to do? mag lights aren't listed

2D maglight is somewhere between $70-$75 leaning more towards $70 (he sometimes hits me with a $5 materials fee for the extra coating on large/fat lights)

bugsy714

Flashlight Enthusiast

I will be shipping out my Solarforce L2 parts for the Orange run in a couple days. So that will be a total of 6 pieces... 2 tailcaps, 2 bodys, and 2 heads. I may also include a L2m, I dunno yet.

Excellent! I'd love to see an l2m cerakoted!!

Rat

Flashlight Enthusiast

I do not care that much I will be happy with DESERT SAND or Coyote tan.
I will drop the orange and go the dark earth.
So that will be
1x C2 host DESERT SAND or Coyote tan
1x Cyros Bezel DESERT SAND or Coyote tan
1x Solarforce Tailcap DESERT SAND or Coyote tan

1x C2 host Flat Dark Earth
1x Cyros Bezel Flat Dark Earth
1x Solarforce Tailcap Flat Dark Earth

1x M2 ribbed Bezel White
1x Solarforce tail cap two pieces White

NOTE: C2 host= standard Bezel, Body & tailcap
:thumbsup:

The Cyros bezels & Solarforce tail caps are in the mail and you have the C2's
PM also sent

cheers

Last edited:

bugsy714

Flashlight Enthusiast

Rat - pm updated & sent=)

bugsy714

Flashlight Enthusiast

alright- this run is closed for international shipments; domestic shippers need to have their parts in the mail by Saturday!

Morelite

Flashlight Enthusiast

:paypal: for a 6P and the Cerakote service.

Rat

Flashlight Enthusiast

:paypal: for a 6P and the Cerakote service.

Your back in good to see what colour are you going with ?

I got all my Cerakote parts today from the first batch WOW Just amazing.:goodjob::clap::rock:
I am that happy with all the work I cannot even find one little flaw in the cerakote finish its perfect. Even inside the holes in the front of the V1-cryos bezel are perfect.
The way they where packet was just outstanding each piece was individually pack in foam tubing you could of drop it from 10 floors up and it would of still been ok.
I am on night shift until Sunday but will try and get some Pictures up ASAP.

Thanks again for supplying this great service.

PS: Cannot wait for this batch :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.