Charger for C Cells - Need Help

chillinn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Congratulations, Toulouse42.

Just for completeness I thought I'd share what I use for my Acculoop D cells, even though I doubt you would have been interested before you found the ARE-D2.

I have a couple NiteCore D4 chargers and Acculoop C cells fit, but I charge two simultaneously using both chargers. D cells don't fit, so I got 2x Olight UC Magnetic USB Universal Chargers for Li-ion and NiMH Batteries so I can charge both D cells simultaneously, and so I'd have a portable Li-ion charger for the road. Olight discontinued this model, but there's plenty of identical universal magnetic USB chargers available. I was concerned the D cells would miss termination charging at relatively low rates for these cells (750mA, same as D4) but as far as I can tell that hasn't happened. These USB magnetic chargers are slow for large cells but I think they work well, and I'm satisfied with them, though I expect most would not be because of how long it takes to charge a D cell.

Hi Chicken Drumstick. Well, the problem is a new cat flap built into a new wall. (Near a corner) This one uses batteries

I've never heard of such a thing. What do the batteries power? Is it like a little automatic garage door for cats? Do they wear a special collar that only lets them through and not squirrels and racoons?

Last edited:

Toulouse42

Enlightened
Hi chillin. The cats are microchipped and the cat flap scans the chip and only lets them in. This one is a bigger cat/small dog version. The batteries power the sensor and the little in/out stops that retract to let the door open. Normally they claim a battery life of up to 6 months but this particular one eats through them quite fast. Maybe its because the little tunnel that goes through the wall is longer than when used in a door. The only down side is the response time. If a cat rushes the flap too fast, it won't open fast enough. They generally only do this once.

Toulouse42

Enlightened
Hi bykfixer. I too have a (new last year) Nitecore D4 so maybe the problem is the dimensions of my C rechargeables. When I press them in, they pop back up again. I can work around it but its a pain. Maybe your batteries have slightly different dimensions and just work. But I live on an island so generally buy what I can get.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Oh, they don't cooperate like a AA or 18500. I have move things around to make contact, especially the negative end and keep check in it to ensure contact remained. But since I don't use many C size rechargeables it's not a big deal to me. Just wiggle them around until contact is made, go back and check 'em after a few minutes to see that I don't need to re-wiggle them, usually not.

Macgravy

Newly Enlightened
You might want to try AccuPower IQ-338XL. It has been working for me for over 3 years and does C & D cells...Oh BTW...if you ever need to replace those C cells your using, you could try Amazon Basic NIMH C cells....5000mAh cells...they work just fine...along with the D cells at 10000mAh. Good Luck