• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Cheers to Members of Candlepowerforums

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
CPF is my favorite place on the net. It was once booming, social media has killed many forums. I consider a bunch of folks here friends, even though we have never spoke. I went to the SHOT show in 2006 and 2008, met a bunch of you. Good times.

I keep putting off shot show...Always wanted to attend one. Would be so cool to schedule something on the side to meet some of the flashlight folks. I would bring a suitcase of lights for show and tell. hahah

And we can also continue to show some self respect and decorum.

Sure, until another RIP thread is started for a well-known conservative such as Rush Limbaugh, then watch in dismay as self-respect, decorum, and civility be damned.

I know I shouldn't have been surprised by how many of the posts in that thread were lacking the above stated norms, but I was. I also know I should forgive and forget, however, that was when a lot of the sense of family here at CPF was taken from me. Up until that point, I thought we were better than that ..... we wern't. I'm not angry, just sad.

I was thinking at Shot Show,, Malkoff Junkies contingency all wearing Malkoff Tee's..

Maybe the Feds will think it's a conspiracy!
Or perhaps the flashaholics could just wear a discreet flashlight shaped pin, or a pin with the letters CFP (no copyright infringement intended, lest someone object too strenuously). 🔦

If that's too much, then perhaps just a coin cell light, clipped to a belt loop...just a thought...

Last edited:
Hope I don't get in trouble for borrowing this photo from FB, but the correct uniform for us should be:
A3DD41E5-67F5-4F16-B834-FDC332726956.png

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Sure, until another RIP thread is started for a well-known conservative such as Rush Limbaugh, then watch in dismay as self-respect, decorum, and civility be damned.

I know I shouldn't have been surprised by how many of the posts in that thread were lacking the above stated norms, but I was. I also know I should forgive and forget, however, that was when a lot of the sense of family here at CPF was taken from me. Up until that point, I thought we were better than that ..... we wern't. I'm not angry, just sad.
I remember a while ago a Maglite or SureFire thread would last minutes before the attacks began.
I think what Kitro is getting at is how, now that the nuts run the asylum how well the nuts are keeping order in general.

And let's face it, Rush was a very polarizing figure. There was one comment by one member I recall that surprised me because it was so off-color coming from a person of better understanding of good taste and behavior. Other posts from some were no surprise as they were the type who'd complain about working in a pie factory anyway.

After all of those covid based threads got so ugly so fast due to political issues it was not a surprise the Rush thread turned ugly too. Not one of CPF's finest moments, that's for sure.