CMG Infinity Mod.....Lots of Pictures, updated!!

mike101

Newly Enlightened
Re: CMG Infinity Mod.....Lots of Pictures!!

Thank you darkzero. Without you and other predecessors I don't even know flash lights can be mod to this level much better than the original design, and lots of fun too. I am leaving on Thursday to visit my country of birth, China, for a month or two. Once I come back, I will mod a Solitaire like what "LED mods As Small As Possible" did. Hey, is this guy's name too long to type? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Also I will try to put a Luxeon III in my Ultra G. And I am figuring how and what the effect is to fit a half acylic ball into the Ultra G bezel instead of the expensive NX-05. But from tomorrow I can't come to CPF that often.

greenLED

Flashaholic
Re: CMG Infinity Mod.....Lots of Pictures, updated

Hi, mike101, after reading through your old post on how to shape/polish an NX-05 optic, I have a couple of questions to make sure I understood right:

- Did you grind the sides of the NX-05 to make them straight? *or*
- Did you shape the Infinity's reflector to fit the curve on the outside of the optic? It seems like you did this second option, which means I messed up here. So, you just used the lower part of the NX-05 to measure the angle that the Infinity's reflector should be shaped to. Right? (dang, it! I did mess up... not sure how this affects optical properties of the NX-05.)

here are some pics of what I did

Also, when attaching the optic with epoxy, where and how much did you apply it? My understading is anything touching the outside wall of an optic will ruin its reflective properties. I'm wondering how to minimize this by correct placement of the epoxy.

Latest posts