Compact, 18650 based 1000 lumen thrower

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Armytek lumens aren't the same as ones tested in a lab. I like their lights.

abbotsmike

Newly Enlightened
Armytek lumens aren't the same as ones tested in a lab. I like their lights.

Haha, does that mean they perform better or worse than quoted?!

Eagletac has speed of delivery and price on its side, I just think I prefer the armytek in some respects!

EDIT: Just done some reading, looks like they can be a little optimistic on their lumens... Hmm. Maybe the eagletac does win. I can also buy from a UK retailer...

Why can't this just be simple?!

Last edited:

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
The lumens will most likely be less than advertised, but it is more compact.

Amelia

Enlightened
I love my S200C2. I also have an Armytek Predator Pro 2.5 on the way, but I don't know yet if it will end up replacing my S200C2 though... we'll see in a week or so.

Whichever of the 2 ends up winning out will get a spare, and I'll sell the other.

mdocod

Flashaholic
The lumens will most likely be less than advertised, but it is more compact.

This agrees with my measurements of all 4 of my armytek lights, though in some cases, the run-time for a given mode is also longer than advertised, so on the overall we just have to treat armytek literature as "rough" ideas, and not very accurate.

markr6

Flashaholic
I did a quick test on my S200C2 last night. Charged my EagleTac 3400mAh protected (I hate protected cells but have two) which would only charge to 4.15v. I ran it on high for 1:13 and it still appeared bright as usual. It was late and I couldn't stay up any longer so I pulled the cell and checked the voltage - 3.43v. So I guess I could have squeezed out another 17 minutes, or close enough. Again, the cell would only take 4.15v to start.

Just a great light! Never got too hot like so many lights on "turbo" these days. Nice even brightness, good tint and throw.

Last edited:

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Buy a Nitecore Digicharger D4 and it will charge your Eagletac 18650 3400mAh cells to 4.20v

I no longer to check the voltage with my Fluke Multimeter.

markr6

Flashaholic
Buy a Nitecore Digicharger D4 and it will charge your Eagletac 18650 3400mAh cells to 4.20v

I no longer to check the voltage with my Fluke Multimeter.

I'm blaming the cell on this one. My Xtar VP2 and WP2 II always end around 4.19v which is perfect. For some reason this cell would stop at 4.15v on the VP2. I then put it on the WP2 II and it went a bit further, but not much.

I usually stop my cells around 4.10v anyway, but wanted full capacity for this test.

mdocod

Flashaholic
I did a quick test on my S200C2 last night. Charged my EagleTac 3400mAh protected (I hate protected cells but have two) which would only charge to 4.15v. I ran it on high for 1:13 and it still appeared bright as usual. It was late and I couldn't stay up any longer so I pulled the cell and checked the voltage - 3.43v. So I guess I could have squeezed out another 17 minutes, or close enough. Again, the cell would only take 4.15v to start.

Just a great light! Never got too hot like so many lights on "turbo" these days. Nice even brightness, good tint and throw.

If it can run for 90 minutes, then the average power dissipation of the entire flashlights including losses in the cell could be no greater than ~8.5W on average.

After losses are considered, that's ~500 torch lumen on average through the discharge.

markr6

Flashaholic
If it can run for 90 minutes, then the average power dissipation of the entire flashlights including losses in the cell could be no greater than ~8.5W on average.

After losses are considered, that's ~500 torch lumen on average through the discharge.

Yeah it's hard to tell without any measuring equipment. I tried comparing with a fresh cell but after unscrewing the cap, inserting battery and replacing cap, my eyes forget how bright it looked.

Scourie

Enlightened
Olight M22? Been around a while but still up there with the best.

Or you could wait a month or so for the M23 Javelot.

Rob

Last edited:

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Olight M23 Javelot is certainly worth a consideration, as it will throw well for a while before dropping in output.

abbotsmike

Newly Enlightened
Funny enough, I did stumble across the M20SX Javelot the other day and it looked interesting. As a complete package the olight lights appeal to me a lot.

Woah, just saw that the M23 Javelot might be around 55kcd. Definitely worth waiting for if it's coming soon!

Last edited:

Amelia

Enlightened
Funny enough, I did stumble across the M20SX Javelot the other day and it looked interesting. As a complete package the olight lights appeal to me a lot.

Woah, just saw that the M23 Javelot might be around 55kcd. Definitely worth waiting for if it's coming soon!

It's about a week away - I've heard June 9 for dealer stock.

abbotsmike

Newly Enlightened
UK Distributor says they know of it, but no ETA. Best guess is a few months.

I think I'll wait a week or two and see what happens. I'm camping at the end of June and I'd like it by then, so I will either do without or get the M20SX

Latest posts