Magnetic Charging Base & 1000+ lumen flashlight wanted under $65

CZ Eddie

Newly Enlightened
EDIT: 500-1000 LUMEN?!?!

Looking for something that has a low profile magnetic charging base so I can just drop the flashlight onto the charger and walk away, knowing that it's now charging.

Would like to be around <strike>8000</strike> lumen or brighter and stay under $65 if that's possible.
Prefer to be nearer to $35.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Last edited:

LEDphile

Enlightened
Assuming you're talking legitimate out-the-front lumens for 30+ seconds, with a beam tighter than "wide flood", you're off by at least an order of magnitude on either your lumen goals or budget.

lightfooted

Flashlight Enthusiast
He's probably been seeing all of the bay listings or similar site listings for all of the cheap lights with grossly overstated outputs. Just because they claim to output 8000 lumens doesn't mean that they actually do.

chip100t

Enlightened
You will get a sofirn sp36 pro for them numbers. But it's usb-c charging so no magnetic cradle. also it's a soda can sized light running on 3 18660 batteries.

Sofirn offer great quality lights for the money and have excellent customer service if you do have a problem.

I do not know any other inexpensive light worth buying at 8000 lumens,

Last edited:

CZ Eddie

Newly Enlightened
Thanks, guys. Yes I'm looking at Amazon numbers.
I've got a headlamp I bought there for like $35 that was advertised as 10K lumen.
I know it's not really that bright, but it's bright enough for what I want.
I don't know how to translate that to real numbers.

I'll keep looking.

1651106521818.png

I need something for around the house and walking in the neighborhood.
Being able to light things up halfway down the block would be nice.

I want one for each room in the house.
With magnetic charging base, no fumbling around with wires.
If I have to lose an option, I'd rather lose some brightness in favor of a magnetic charging base.

turbodog

Flashaholic
I've actually GOT a 12k lumen light. You're NOT going to use that in a city/suburban area w/o getting the police called on you.

Honestly, you're looking more at the 500-1000 lumen range.

And lights that bright put out serious heat. Don't expect to run more than a minute or so without hitting thermal throttling.