Copper 26650 - Interest - $498 ea with 3+ buyers

Dr Evil

Newly Enlightened
Thanks!

It's for a 26650 too. I want to get a D36 head and will use the extension with that. Granted I'll probably have to use a dummy 26650.

What grease did you use on your light? I have some Nyogel but haven't had much luck trying to find out if others have used it without problems.

dlmorgan999

Flashlight Enthusiast
Being a relatively new flashaholic, I haven't yet done anything with grease on any of my lights. From what little research I have done though, it seems like Nyogel is a good way to go.

Your pictures inspired me and so I just spent 10 minutes polishing my copper beauty back to new from the factory condition. ;)

fyrstormer

Banned
For copper-on-copper (or brass-on-brass, or aluminum-on-aluminum, or steel-on-steel), try CRC lithium wheel bearing grease. It's basically plain synthetic oil mixed with lithium soap as a thickener, and a tiny amount of molybdenum di-sulfide (FAR less than my TiTi Twister lube) to prevent galling. Galling shouldn't be an issue with copper anyway, but I like to have the extra reassurance, and the texture is better than white lithium grease which doesn't have the MoS2 in it. The stuff is available on Amazon in a 14oz tub that will last the rest of your life.

TnC_Products

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have two Copper housings available. They are the 18350 versions.. Which means 26650 Diameter but are shorter since they use 18350 cells instead. There are only two and I don't think I will be making them again.

One has Max trit slots. (8-Head and 6-Tail)
The other has 6 trit slots in the tail.

dlmorgan999

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was trying out some different polish on my light and I couldn't resist taking a picture. It needs a bit of finer detailing in the nooks 'n crannies, but it's still looking pretty good.

Last edited:

Dr Evil

Newly Enlightened
I haven't polished mine again since I took those pics above. I'm kind of enjoying the "antique" look. I still haven't installed any tritium. Just can't bring myself to pay the shipping from the member in Europe.

Morgan, have any pics of your tritium in the dark?

dlmorgan999

Flashlight Enthusiast
Morgan, have any pics of your tritium in the dark?
Yep - here are a few:

Left to right: TNC 26650 bead-blasted aluminum, Jeff Hanko EX10, Tain Thud 26650, Thud 18650, Jeff Hanko D10,
Jeff Hanko Sunwayman V10R, TNC 18650 w/V1 head, and, of course, in the front: TNC 26650 copper w/V3 head.

Left to right: TNC 18350 w/V1 head, TNC 18350 (26350 outer diameter, 18350 inner diameter) D36 host,
TNC 18650 w/V1 head, TNC 26650 copper w/V3 head

Left to right: Tain Thud 26650, TNC copper 26650 w/V3 head, Jeff Hanko EX10, McGizmo Makai

Last edited:

dlmorgan999

Flashlight Enthusiast
That was a quick reply! Nice collection. Mind telling me what each of that are and what they are made of? I only recognize the TnC 26650s.
I happened to be browsing CPF at the time. ;). I'm heading to bed now, but I'll identify all the lights tomorrow morning. :)

dlmorgan999

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mind telling me what each of that are and what they are made of? I only recognize the TnC 26650s.
I updated the original post to add identification for each light. :) All but two of them (the bead blasted aluminum and the copper) are titanium.

Dr Evil

Newly Enlightened
Thanks. I figured some of the others were TnC by looking at the tail cap. I'd like to get a couple 18650s in aluminum but don't see them on the website anymore.

gktii

Enlightened
I have two Copper housings available. They are the 18350 versions.. Which means 26650 Diameter but are shorter since they use 18350 cells instead. There are only two and I don't think I will be making them again.

One has Max trit slots. (8-Head and 6-Tail)
The other has 6 trit slots in the tail.

i know this is an old thread, but was browsing and thought i'd ask the question. Are either of these still available? (preferably, the one with max trits?)

TnC_Products

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't have any of these left.

If you are interested in this I can make it for you. It would take aprox. three weeks to make. You can order it from my site HERE!

Chris

Latest posts