Copper 26650 - Interest - $498 ea with 3+ buyers

Obijuan Kenobe

Flashlight Enthusiast
I unfortunately won't be able to commit until I get through to July.

I am moving my family to the Netherlands next week.

If there is anyone on the fence...Chris does fantabulous work. If there is an extra 18650 come July still, I hope I get a shot at it.

obi

mohanjude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Chris

I still want the light although I won't be able to pay for sometime

V3 head, 26650 max trit slots in head (8) and tail (6).

Mohan

Hello Everyone. The trip went very well. I had a great time and did lots of hiking and snorkeling. Swam with quite a few sea turtles and fish. Not sure about the flight though, kind of a long time to sit on those old worn out seats on a small United plane. Knees were right up against the seat in front of me and I only only 6' tall. 5-1/2 hour flight from LAX.

Anyways, Ok. I have the orders of the two people that paid. I am running these right now and just want to confirm what others wanted.

I have two orders with 26650 Bodies and V3 Heads.

Dr Evil, I have your order with no Trits. If this has changed please let me know.

I just need to verify what Obi, and Mohan want. If you are able to place the order from the site go ahead and do so. If you are not ready to pay them please let me know what Battery Tube option (26650 , 18350) and Head option (V1 or V3) Also if you want trit slots in the Head and tail. I can put 2,4,8 Trits in the head and 3,6 Trits in the tail.

The tubes are running right now so I just want to make sure on the orders. I don't want to start on another part of the light as I will have to tear down this set up.

I have already ran 2x26650 tubes and 1x18350 Tube. Machine is an hold until I get this information.

Chris

TnC_Products

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mohan,

No problem on payment. I just wanted to make sure I make the right amount with correct options.

Obi, I might have one for you in July. Just curious if you were interested in V1 Head or V3? Also Max trits or none? I might make myself one just to have here for show. So I was going to make it with the specs you were interested in.

Chris

Obijuan Kenobe

Flashlight Enthusiast
Without a doubt, the V3 head. Esp. with the fatty body (OD of the 26mm light), then the V3 head must be even better.

But, if it's all the same, I think the V3 on the 18m 18350 light is probably a shade lighter.

obi

TnC_Products

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok. Here is an update. The housings are pretty much complete. Just finishing up the heads. I am short on some parts for the lights though.

I have switches and boots but I don't have anymore adapters to install the switches. If you are planning on using a different switch and don't need the adapter I can send you your light housing today. If you are going to use the McClicky switch then it will be a little longer as I make some more adapter.

I will try to remember to take one home tonight so I can take some pictures for you guys.

Chris

dlmorgan999

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's exciting news Chris! :) I'll have to wait until you can make switch adapters, but a picture would really be appreciated in the interim.

TnC_Products

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here are a few pictures of the Copper 26650 and 26350 Lights. The 26350 size lights actually use an 18350 battery.

Copper_26650_housings_(1).jpg

Copper_26650_housings_(2).jpg

Copper_26650_housings_(3).jpg

Copper_26650_housings_(4).jpg

Copper_26650_housings_(5).jpg

Copper_26650_housings_(6).jpg

I am not sure how they look on your monitor but they came out really nice.

Chris

dlmorgan999

Flashlight Enthusiast
Those are beautiful indeed Chris! :thumbsup: Now I really want you to get the adapters done so I have get my light to play with. ;)

TnC_Products

Flashlight Enthusiast
The adapters will be done tomorrow. I am making another batch of 100 of the adapters. I feel like I just made a hundred of them. They went quick.

dlmorgan999

Flashlight Enthusiast
Pardon my newbie-ness, but what exactly do the adapters do? I still don't know anything about C or E. I assume these are Surefire standards but that's all I know.

Dr Evil

Newly Enlightened
Looking great! I guess the one with the Ti bezel is mine. It doesn't look like there are any trit slots though unless you put it on that one just for picture purposes. Is the extenson tube done too?

dlmorgan999 - I would say the adapters are needed because some switches are smaller or have a different thread size and/or pitch.

Last edited:

easilyled

Flashaholic
The copper hosts certainly look beautiful, Chris. I have one in Titanium (26650 with V3 head)

I was wondering whether you could provide a Delrin sleeve so that an 18650, or 2 18350s, could also be used? (rather than changing bodies/adaptors)

Sorry if this is dragging the thread off topic, but it would provide even more versatility to these great hosts.

chipwillis

Flashlight Enthusiast
The copper hosts certainly look beautiful, Chris. I have one in Titanium (26650 with V3 head)

I was wondering whether you could provide a Delrin sleeve so that an 18650, or 2 18350s, could also be used? (rather than changing bodies/adaptors)

Sorry if this is dragging the thread off topic, but it would provide even more versatility to these great hosts.

Go to your hardware store and look at some pvc, I picked on up that fit tight for 18500 while I waited for the 26650 batteries.

Last edited:

TnC_Products

Flashlight Enthusiast
Shipping Today! :)

EasilyLED: I might have something here that all I have to do is cut to length. I will check and let you know in a few min.

Chris

TnC_Products

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok. I don't have anything here that would work as I would have to bore out the tubing I have to fit an 18650. Best bet would be to get 1" dia PVC from the local Hardware store. I am thinking the thick walled PVC would probably work fairly well.