Copper 26650 - Interest - $498 ea with 3+ buyers

TnC_Products

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok. Thanks, Dr Evil has already paid and is patiently waiting for two or more other people so I can start on these lights. I did put the 18350 option on the site for others that might want this option also.

Chris

Obijuan Kenobe

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bad tax month. I am going withdraw this as official. If this process actually begins, I will recheck things and get back in if I can.

You just work too fast for me to commit. If you start this run tomorrow, I'll need to have money ready in a matter of days, and that's not going to happen.

Keep me in the loop if you can.

obi

dlmorgan999

Flashlight Enthusiast
That makes sense. I'm starting to get more interested in possibly buying one of these. :)

The other question that comes to mind is how would the finish hold up? For example, will skin oil have any adverse affect on the finish? Continuing with the 1 cent coin idea, they don't stay shiny looking very long, while (as far as I know) titanium stays very good looking with little to no maintenance.

dlmorgan999

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was scouring the forums this morning and found a number of good posts on copper maintenance. Many people like the patina that develops over time although I'm not one of them.

I saw various suggestions of things that work well to clean and polish copper. One that was mentioned a couple of times was "Barkeeper's Friend".

The nice thing about a P60 host is that if you removed the drop-in and the switch, you could dunk the whole thing in a bowl of solution if you wanted! That would make for a fairly fast and easy cleaning (although the grooves would probably need some additional TLC).

I'm fairly close to deciding to buy this light (although I need to wait at least a few weeks to replenish the bank account!). Now we just need at least one more person who is interested.

easilyled

Flashaholic
I'd be a little scared to try to apply a coating in case I messed things up.
I already have an all-copper light and at the moment I'm polishing it regularly.
I find that once a week or once a fortnight is enough and it only takes a couple of minutes for the new-looking shine to return. Others enjoy the aged look from the tarnish.

TnC_Products

Flashlight Enthusiast
The material has been ordered. I will be making three of these lights so hopefully there will be three people that want these when they are ready. If not then I will have them on my site for anyone that might not be able to pay now but want one when completed. I might be able to squeeze out four lights if I make the tube length for an 18350 cell. Which I beleive there is already interest in this lenght battery.

If you are interested please chime in or leave me an e-mail so I can make it to your specifications.

1. 26650 tube or 18350 tube
2. V1 Head or V3 Head
3. Trit Slots Head, Tail, and quantity

If no one chimes in then they will be made standard with no trit slots and head and battery version of my choosing.

Chris

dlmorgan999

Flashlight Enthusiast
I definitely want one, although I won't have the funds for a few weeks (at this point I'm thinking the first week in May or so) so feel free to do whatever you need. Having said that, what I planned to order is an 18350 tube, a V3 head and max trits (8 in the head, 6 in the tail).

TnC_Products

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello dlmorgan999,

Thanks. Not a problem if you or anyone can't pay right now. It will be reserved for you.

Yours will have a V3 Head, 18350 Body and Max Trit slots in Head and Tail.

Regards,

Chris

Dr Evil

Newly Enlightened
It looks like I need to get a couple 26650s. Time for another order from Light Hound. The trits will have to wait a little while longer.

Edit: I found something about lanyard holes in the tailcap. Please don't put them on mine. I haven't found anything about tritium vial size though. Do you know what size other members have used?

I've decided to post what I'd like to avoid the confusion between the e-mails and posts here.

V3 head w/26650 body
1x 26650 battery tube extension
NO lanyard holes
Max tritium slots on head and tail cap
I think you mentioned there was an extra titanium bezel from a previous run. I'd like that instead of copper.

Thanks for getting this going with only one paid pre-order!

A couple more things. When are you expecting the material? How long until you might be able to ship after that? I may have to change the shipping address depending on when it is sent.

Last edited:

Dr Evil

Newly Enlightened
The tritium vials are 1.5mm x 5mm. The main (only?) place I've seen to buy them is here from B@rt in the Marketplace.

Thanks. Now I have to decide on a color. Red or orange would probably look best with copper. I like blue though. Not that color really matters anyway. It will be dark when you can see what color they are. The color of the host won't be easy to see if it is dark enough to see the tritium glow.

dlmorgan999

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hadn't really thought about the colors in relation to copper, but you are right in that when you are using the trits you won't see the copper much anyway. :) I have enough lights with trits now that color schemes are becoming more difficult to design. ;)

mohanjude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Chris

I want to put my name down but pay in a few weeks time if that is ok

1. 26650 tube
2. V3 Head
3. Trit Slots Head, Tail - maximum

I do like the idea of the v3 head but can you mill slots on it?

I am still waiting on your email regarding the crenulated bezel. Is my email still ending up in the Junk folder?

Mohan

Last edited:

TnC_Products

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello Mohan,

I can put the trit slots in the V3 Head just as I did the aluminum V3 heads.

I replied to your e-mail a while back. I will look for the reply I sent. Your e-mails only has a chance to make it in the spam folder if there is an attachment. :)

Chris

Chris

I want to put my name down but pay in a few weeks time if that is ok

1. 26650 tube
2. V1 Head
3. Trit Slots Head, Tail - maximum

I do like the idea of the v3 head but can you mill slots on it?

I am still waiting on your email regarding the crenulated bezel. Is my email still ending up in the Junk folder?

Mohan

mohanjude

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am a bit confused at the moment - I was under the impression you couldn't mill 8 slots on the v3 head due to the aggressive styling.

I replied back to your email to say that I wanted the crenelated bezel and if you could mill slots along the edge if possible.

Last edited: