CPF'S Greatest Unsolved Mysteries

Kestrel

Flashaholic
:bumpit:
Kestrel said:
How about that mysterious poster *** DO NOT DELETE ***? He/she/it was very active way back when, posting in many of the old threads, but still has a post count of zero. Very mysterious... :grin2:
Breaking news! Our investigative team has just uncovered the actual first name of **DND** from this thread in the CPF archives. His first name is: Ted. :tinfoil:

no, nead doesn't have time for flashlights during halibut season,
but for the nights of nead, it's a different story ..
and now to bed,
to sleep off what I have just said.
Ted...I'm worried about you, especially now that I look at your avatar! That's the female doctor, yes?
Yes..I've been under her care for quite a while now..she'd better than any human doctor I've ever been too.. and the massages..!

Monocrom

Flashaholic
LOL . . . We know the secret behind DONOTDELETE.

Well, I do anyway. One of "his" names is Ted. ;)

nbp

Flashaholic
Or is it the all-seeing, all-knowing CPF computer that posts under the 'DM51' title while he's sleeping?
speechless-smiley-040.gif

<*chills run up & down spine*>

I didn't know anyone else knew about this!!

Except you're only half correct. The computer doesn't post as DM51, it IS DM51! I outed him in the 'If Two Is One, and One is None' thread, and I was nearly... *GULP*...assimilated!! :duck: Be careful K! He's ruthless. Ever seen The Net? Eagle Eye? Yeah, those movies were made about him. :crazy:

Kestrel

Flashaholic
How about that mysterious poster *** DO NOT DELETE ***? He/she/it was very active way back when, posting in many of the old threads, but still has a post count of zero. Very mysterious... :grin2:

And after extensive research, I just found another clue: :)
The First Tubular Flashlight was invented in 1898
[...]
Bill Utley

flashlightbook,
your authority is undeniable and your attention to detail is remarkable. You are a credit to the board.

Getting closer ...

2e2o7qd.gif

nbp

Flashaholic
Is not DO NOT DELETE just a placeholder for users that had been cleansed from the system for some reason but require a username to retain the threads and posts?

Ooops, did I wreck it? :ohgeez:

nbp

Flashaholic
Ha!! I just noticed my new sigline now - how long has it been there!? I usually browse on the CPF app and I don't always see the signatures, but today I am on my PC and see it. :crackup:

I hope my regular one is stored safely somewhere in case I need it back some day. :nana:

bshanahan14rulz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is not DO NOT DELETE just a placeholder for users that had been cleansed from the system for some reason but require a username to retain the threads and posts?

Ooops, did I wreck it? :ohgeez:

If you're gonna keep being a wise-guy about it, you might find yourself with not only a sig change, but a name change as well! And keep that strange talking dog and his stoner friend away from me and this amusement park, or you'll regret it!

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
The new mystery - Just who will kill the Thread Killer thread? Will the thread killer thread ever be killed? How many times can I use the words "Thread" and "Killer" in my post about killing the thread killer thread?

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Still watching this thread. None of you are going to mysteriously post in it without being noticed. :devil:

nbp

Flashaholic
DONOTDELETE has returned my sigline, creepy!! :eek:

Now he has modified it!

McGizmo: Get It, Use It, Love It, DoNotDelete It.

What's happening?!?!

PS: How long has it been like that? The downside to using the CPF app and forum apps in general: even with sigs turned on, many don't show up and lot of good siglines are missed. :( I haven't seen my own sigline on a PC in a while. :twak: