Cree Stock

tebore

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Noticed shares of Cree stock moving upward

CM are you a lawyer? The lingo you use has me thinking.

I checked out the Cree's entire background. Their revenue is puzzling to say the least. The XR-E was amazing, so I decided to chance it.

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast

The way I see all the Cree lights coming out now and all the mods going on hopefully the price should go up.

axolotls

Enlightened

CM said:
Did you guys read their annual report? Might want to before investing. Sometimes we get enamored with something cool, new technology, etc and blindly go into a company's stock based on the cool factor. But there's more to a company's revenue than that which we think should send their stock soaring. This is not meant as investment advice, rather it's a reminder to perform due diligence...

I am sure I am not the only one, but I'll admit here that I bought CREE in order to use the profits (if there were any) to buy torches :)

Last edited:

CM

Flashlight Enthusiast

tebore said:
CM are you a lawyer? The lingo you use has me thinking.

I checked out the Cree's entire background. Their revenue is puzzling to say the least. The XR-E was amazing, so I decided to chance it.

No, not a lawyer, more like an enginee. But I've done my fair share of investing. I encourage anyone whose thinking of buying Cree stock to read their annual report. It's an eye opener to say the least.

AndyTiedye

Flashlight Enthusiast

I figure the demand for LEDs is about to explode as they overtake all other lighting sources in efficiency.
It won't matter if Phillips comes out with a better LED. Everybody making LEDs will be cranking them out as fast as they can.
Cree is an innovative company with a depressed stock price. I bought some stock.
I recognize it is something of a gamble.

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast

I played this stock a few years ago and got played. The stock market is INSANITY except for the real insiders. A companies stock has little to do with having a good product. I really think this stock is manipulated by many people and factors. If you want to play the market there are better stocks IMO. While I see to possibility for big things in the future for LED's and Cree I wouldn't put a plug nickel on their stock. Your better off investing in flashlights you can hold in your hand :D

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yep shares of Cree moved up alright :rolleyes: From over $22 down to $18 and something in just over a couple days. Like I said this stock is manipulated to the max. Big boys are playing it at the little guys expense and loss. Stay away unless you really want to be in for the long haul and there are so many variables that can eat the company that it's just a gamblers game IMO. Roll the dice....

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yea, down more than 6% yesterday. Bye, bye gains. I have a stop loss order in at $19.

Phredd

Enlightened

matrixshaman said:
Yep shares of Cree moved up alright :rolleyes: From over $22 down to $18 and something in just over a couple days.

Aside from a short peak, it's been moving up from $16 in January to over $19 today. It's no longer a rumor. Apple has officially stated its intentions to use LEDs for display backlights. No mention of any specific company, though.

I would also assume that other companies will follow suit. Hopefully Cree will get some of that business.

http://www.apple.com/hotnews/agreenerapple/

Phredd

Last edited:

axolotls

Enlightened

Yep shares of Cree moved up alright :rolleyes: From over $22 down to $18 and something in just over a couple days. Like I said this stock is manipulated to the max. Big boys are playing it at the little guys expense and loss. Stay away unless you really want to be in for the long haul and there are so many variables that can eat the company that it's just a gamblers game IMO. Roll the dice....

Nearing a 12% jump on news at closing.

Today's Range (6/1/2007): $23.05 - $25.00+

Anyone jump ship yet?

Last edited:

Phredd

Enlightened

From January, this is a 50% yield. I'm still keeping mine, because it's going up based on real technology progress and business opportunity. Today's news: Cree Demonstrates 100-mm Zero-Micropipe Silicon Carbide Substrates. They've eliminated defects in large wafers to increase yield and, more importantly, expand the range of products that can be produced.

Phredd

Ken1022

Newly Enlightened

One analist is thinking the stock could double http://biz.yahoo.com/bizj/070601/1471644.html?.v=3 Not sure about that...but I`m holding on to my shares for now. There is talk that LED`s might be used in TV`s as well as laptops. This might end up being a great stock to own long term.

Vermonter73

Enlightened
Re: Too late to buy Cree stocks?

BTT

Cree's way up. Any thoughts on how much further it'll go? Does anybody know if another manufacturer is about to release anything competitive?

turkdc

Newly Enlightened

Trying to predict what a certain stock will do is difficult. While I am not a financial planner nor do I play one on TV, my advice would be to put your money in an exchange traded index fund. SPY, QQQQ, etc. That way, if a particular stock takes a dump you only take a small hit. It is a safe way to invest your money. You might not get rich quick doing it, but you won't lose your **** on any given day!

Omega Man

Flashlight Enthusiast

My financial guy didn't have anything to say about Cree, so I ended up getting some GE and 3M stocks instead. I figure GE should have me covered on the techy side well enough.

Ken1022

Newly Enlightened

Here is a 3 month chart of Cree http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=CREE&t=3m I started buying Cree around $17 and have been buying more at differant prices...about a $1000 at a time. I have around $3000 in it so far and hope to add another $1000 next week. Led`s, I hope, will find their way into TV`s, computer screens, car headlights, homes, street lights and...everything that lights.

Whether Cree can hold on to their position as champ...don`t know. But they have a good shot of becoming a main player...might even beat Phillips down the road, or be bought by them.

Generally, I must disclose that I`m not very good at holding on to a stock...I tend to jump ship when a stock drops several days in a row...unless the whole market is dropping. This has proven to be a mistake many times. I`m a nervous invester. Mostly I stick with mutual funds for this reason.

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast

Cree made less money in the last quarter 2006 than the previous 5 quarters.
Cree lost money 1st quarter 2007.
That is a downward trend and investors don't like that. Investors like companies that makes more and more money and pay more and more dividends from the increasing profits.Cree does not make enough money to pay dividends. Most investors don't care about the technology, just show them the money.
http://www.globeinvestor.com/servlet/Page/document/v5/data/stock?id=Cree

Be prepared for a roller coaster ride. In the last 5 years Cree stock is up to forty and as low as the teens.
http://investdb.theglobeandmail.com...rt_type=+&pl_sh_movement=0&pl_long_movement=0

Ken1022

Newly Enlightened
Too late to buy Cree stocks?

Kiking tail ends. After spending bunches on flashlights...looks like my hobby is paying me back nicely. Folks are still shocked when I show them my Fenix L1D...like last night at the fireworks...super shocked when I show them it runs on a lowly AA batt. Just got to love Cree! :thumbsup: