• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired CUSTOM QUAD P60 XPG Drop-ins. Up to 1654 Lumen OTF!

VanIsleDSM

Enlightened
Glad you both enjoy!

Couple things I want to mention,

If you're using the FETtie in a Z41 tailcap, you need to use the supplied switch boot, the stock surefire boot won't fit.

Also, with the Carclo quads, the smaller diameter optic fits through the lens retaining ring and rests right on the glass lens. This also helps get more lumens OTF. The only thing to make sure of, is that your lens and bezel area inside the head are completely clean, as any debris could scratch the optic as it comes into contact with the lens.

Last edited:

bugsy714

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love my two aluminum units, now trying to figure out how to talk the wife into getting me a copper for my b-day haha

does the arctic silver actually bond/harden or does it stay pliable and just act to fill the small gap? what is the trick to keeping it from creeping up/spilling over onto the optic/emitters during the install?

Rat

Flashlight Enthusiast
77877f4f.jpg

Hi which one is the one on the left (closest to the front) is it the Carclo Tight Optic or the Khatod optic ?

thanks for any help

cheers

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi which one is the one on the left (closest to the front) is it the Carclo Tight Optic or the Khatod optic ?
thanks for any help
cheers
The one on the left looks like the Khatod unit I owned and the one on the right looks like the Carclo plain tight I have now.
Wilkey

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Glad you both enjoy!
Couple things I want to mention,
If you're using the FETtie in a Z41 tailcap, you need to use the supplied switch boot, the stock surefire boot won't fit. Got it.
Also, with the Carclo quads, the smaller diameter optic fits through the lens retaining ring and rests right on the glass lens. This also helps get more lumens OTF. The only thing to make sure of, is that your lens and bezel area inside the head are completely clean, as any debris could scratch the optic as it comes into contact with the lens.
Thanks for that tip. I hadn't even noticed the size difference. I usually take a rocket blower (rubber squeeze bulb air blower for cameras and optics) and blow out the inside of the head before fitting and this made sure it was pristine.

I have to say that I am really pleased with the beam quality of the Carclo Plain Tight optic. It's very nice and exceeded in smoothness and and spot formation by only the optic in the Oveready drop-ins. Would you happen to know what they are using in their triple?

One question while I've got you on the line...what is the drive current on low for the 2-level driver? I'd like to have some idea of the runtime I could expect since this is the primary mode I use.

Wilkey

VanIsleDSM

Enlightened
Glad you're so happy with it Wilkey! Nothing more makes my day than when someone lets me know how much they're enjoying their VID product.

The optic in the oveready triple is, from my observations, a carclo triple optic. The same 10mm optic per LED is used, so the triple and quad carclo optics should produce very similar beams.

Drive level on the 2 mode is 10%-100%, so you can expect to be using 560mA on low.

Missed the Q about not letting the paste squeeze out and up. I just use a thin layer in the socket of the host, and don't put any right up around the top, so any squeeze up just ends up getting the top. I've never had any spill right out, I think that if there was excess artic silver, it would probably squeeze out through the bottom.

For anyone interested in quads right now... insanely fast turnaround available. Custom quads can be built and shipped right now in 3 days or less.

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Glad you're so happy with it Wilkey! Nothing more makes my day than when someone lets me know how much they're enjoying their VID product.

The optic in the oveready triple is, from my observations, a carclo triple optic. The same 10mm optic per LED is used, so the triple and quad carclo optics should produce very similar beams.

Drive level on the 2 mode is 10%-100%, so you can expect to be using 560mA on low.
Ahh, interesting info about the optic. The center is very similar so perhaps the only difference I'm seeing is due to the fourfold character of the beam at the periphery. In any case, it's highly satisfactory in either the triple or quad configuration. Wonderful news about the Lo current draw. This means I can get reasonable use cycles out of the IMR 18650.

Wilkey

nc_hooper

Newly Enlightened
Jessie,

I would like one drop-in and one FETtie
- R4 Neutral 4000K
- 3 mode: low - medium - high
- Aluminum heat-sink
- 4.2 amp
- Khatod optic

Will be sending a PM. Also would like to be put on "the list" for a Septa.

Thanks

erlon

Newly Enlightened
VanIsleDSM , I sent you a PM about 2 days ago.
Did you receive it ?
Regards !

VanIsleDSM

Enlightened
All new orders shipped.

PM replied erlon.

I wanted to have them all shipped Monday, but I got to play "get rid of the malware" instead. Anybody ever experience the "win 7 total security" spoof? Not fun to get rid of at all! That's what I get for letting some company on the weekend play around on youtube and the likes all the night.

Last edited:

Chrisdm

Enlightened
I saw a recent resale thread on one of these where the seller said IMR cells are A MUST with these... I know they're not A MUST, because my 5.6a quad runs great on a Redilast... But would I see a real brightness gain running an IMR18650?

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
I saw a recent resale thread on one of these where the seller said IMR cells are A MUST with these... I know they're not A MUST, because my 5.6a quad runs great on a Redilast... But would I see a real brightness gain running an IMR18650?
As long as you're running in regulation, no. And the situation is different between the FETie and any other switch in terms of delivery over time. But, the information Jesse has provided as well as the curves seen here, suggest that a brightness difference could emerge quite rapidly (over the course of several minutes) as the voltage supplied by an non-IMR cell drops below the level needed by the driver. The question I have for Jesse is what is the voltage required for regulated operation.

There's nuance as well. I use my light in the low mode for the vast majority of the time with occasional squirts at 5.6A. For this usage pattern, an AW2900 works well because it gives double the run time at the output I use the most. However, when I'm aiming to impress (and how can you not, given this amazing device) I will load up an IMR and carry along an extra IMR and AW in a spare carrier.

Wilkey

pee10755

Newly Enlightened
I just purchased a 5.6a R4 quad as part of a light in the BST forum. I love the light, but I would like to get a Fettie switch to maximize the performance. Would Jesse or anyone be willing to sell a switch? I know Jesse only sells them with the purchase of a light engine so this puts me in a bad spot. Thanks.

pee10755

Newly Enlightened
I just purchased a 5.6a R4 quad as part of a light in the BST forum. I love the light, but I would like to get a Fettie switch to maximize the performance. Would Jesse or anyone be willing to sell a switch? I know Jesse only sells them with the purchase of a light engine so this puts me in a bad spot. Thanks.