• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Custom Triple Copper Surefire E1e & E2e (XPL/XGP2/219)

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Custom Triple Copper Surefire E1e & E2e (XGP2/219)

The 'fix' is not yet ready, all shipped items were/are equipped with the stock switch. When ready, they will be made available for all current owners.

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic

Modifying individual McClicky switches to allow their installation, into factory E tail caps.

Moddoo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Custom Triple Copper Surefire E1e & E2e (XGP2/219)

Hello again guys,

I just finished machining switches for you today.
The mod works perfectly.

I will get them over to Dan and we will get this new setup in your hands soon.

Thanks again for your support.

jd1911

Newly Enlightened

Hello again guys,

The mod works perfectly.

Thank You, looking forward to "the mod"!
Will we get a modified switch to install in our tail cap?

Last edited:

euroken

Flashlight Enthusiast

Modifying individual McClicky switches to allow their installation, into factory E tail caps.

Hello again guys,

The mod works perfectly.

Thank you for the fix! How will they be distributed?

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic

Thank You, looking forward to "the mod"!
Will we get a modified switch to install in our tail cap?

Thank you for the fix! How will they be distributed?

McClicky's were originally designed as a direct replacement for E tailcaps. But at the time, E's all came with twisty caps (think miniature Z41). This design was later updated with all clicky caps (think miniature Z59), necessitating a different internal design. What Tom's created are McClicky switches, individually modified to replace the factory switch, inside the factory clicky tailcap.

We were going to send them straight to all buyers, but a number of lights have changed hands. Rather than imploring initial customers to reship, it should be easier to build a page where owners can pick one up directly. This page can also include installation details.

brunt_sp

Enlightened

Will this modified McClicky be available as an upgrade for us that don't have your triple custom SF E series flashlight? If so, does it use the original boot and therefore retain the same press firmness?

flat-ray

Enlightened

I received my E2e copper CW. The finish and the fitment are fantastic!
And the beam? Wow! Not cool but pure white, no green or blue only white.
the leds used are top grade.
Thank, Moddoo

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic

Will this modified McClicky be available as an upgrade for us that don't have your triple custom SF E series flashlight? If so, does it use the original boot and therefore retain the same press firmness?

Short term, we have a few extras that will be available for non E Triple folks. Long term, we can scale supplies to meet demand. There will be months between both.

The stock boot is retained with this mod. Pressures look something like this*:

Stock tailcap:​
momentary activation ~ 550g​
click on ~ 1500g​
McClicky modified with stock boot:​
momentary activation ~ 250g​
click on ~ 850g​

The new setup is intended to be used with our shroud, reducing the likelihood of accidental activation. The combination feels precise and responsive. More shrouds will be available soon, in a variety of metals.

*values are representative and will vary from setup to setup

aspirina750

Newly Enlightened

Quick question will they fit a e2dl tailcap without modifications?

I'm running a l333 @2.4a and I'm not sure the stock one will take that for long

Thanks

Enviado desde mi GT-N7100 usando Tapatalk 2

euroken

Flashlight Enthusiast

McClicky's were originally designed as a direct replacement for E tailcaps. But at the time, E's all came with twisty caps (think miniature Z41). This design was later updated with all clicky caps (think miniature Z59), necessitating a different internal design. What Tom's created are McClicky switches, individually modified to replace the factory switch, inside the factory clicky tailcap.

We were going to send them straight to all buyers, but a number of lights have changed hands. Rather than imploring initial customers to reship, it should be easier to build a page where owners can pick one up directly. This page can also include installation details.

Great! I'll look forward!

ucb1208

Newly Enlightened

I just picked up one of these lights with a cool tint, and it's awesomely bright; but when I click to leave it on, it turns off after about 10 seconds. Is that normal? I did just grab a couple cr123's from another surefire I had, so it might be the batteries. Or will this change with the tailcap fix? Thanks!

FPSRelic

Enlightened

I just picked up one of these lights with a cool tint, and it's awesomely bright; but when I click to leave it on, it turns off after about 10 seconds. Is that normal? I did just grab a couple cr123's from another surefire I had, so it might be the batteries. Or will this change with the tailcap fix? Thanks!

DO NOT RUN THIS LIGHT ON CR123A PRIMARIES!!!!!!!! VERY DANGEROUS!!!!!! USE 2 x 18350'S or 1 x 18650 ONLY!!!!

Edit: If you are running this light on cr123a primaries, this is probably why you're seeing what you see, and you're lucky the light is just switching off. Quoted from Oveready's website:

Do not run primary CR123 on high (100%). The boost driver will drain them harder and harder until the cells overheat, and may explode.

Last edited:

ucb1208

Newly Enlightened

Wow, now I feel like an idiot. Thanks for letting me know! I got the light second hand, and had no idea you couldn't use cr123s. Thanks again :friend:

Moddoo

Flashlight Enthusiast

These electronics automatically cut off the light when they sense 6V from 2 primaries.

thanks for jumping in FPSRelic

Enjoy your new light ucb1208

Last edited:

FPSRelic

Enlightened

Wow, now I feel like an idiot. Thanks for letting me know! I got the light second hand, and had no idea you couldn't use cr123s. Thanks again :friend:

Apologies, I didn't mean to make you feel like an idiot. Considering the unmodified e2e was designed for 2 x primaries a logical assumption would be that this light uses them as well. If anything, I'm the idiot for making such a song and dance over it, considering the newer engine has that primary voltage detection and shutoff feature - I didn't know it had that. I'm surprised that the seller didn't pass on the battery config requirements to you.

Anyway. Congratulations on your new light.

Latest posts