• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Custom Triple Copper Surefire E1e & E2e (XPL/XGP2/219)

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Custom Triple Copper Surefire E1e & E2e (XGP2/219)

I've been very pleased with my V1 copper E2e. Of course, use on high is limited because of the low thermal mass and resulting quick temperature rise. Are you thinking of an open-air head for the V5 E2e? Are we talking about a 30 watt E2e here?

Short: no/yes
Long...

There is one model of Triple V5 board.
There are two configurations of Triple V5 board:

30w limit - XPL
21w limit - 219​

The Wasp provides the best thermal implementation of this performance, but these boards were designed to cope with a variety of mounting applications. So the same boards with same limits are going into all V5 items, including the E2's. There will be no physical difference versus the V4 E2's. Same head, same copper, same heatsink, no vents. These setups will rely on two features of the board itself:

automatic real time thermal regulation
customer selectable modes and output​

In practice, it will be just as safe to run as the V5 Wasp. The same 65c limit will get hit sooner and stay in effect longer. So 1) each customer gets to decide how extreme they want to go and 2) the board will deal with however high that is. Dudes who want mild can go mild and dudes who want wild can go wild.

Last edited:

barry

Newly Enlightened
Re: Moddoolar Triple Wasp Cooling Head and Glow System

Short: no/yes
Long...

There is one model of Triple V5 board. There are two configurations of Triple V5 board:

30w limit - XPL
21w limit - 219​

The Wasp provides the best thermal implementation of this performance, but these boards were designed to cope with a variety of mounting applications. So the same boards with same limits are going into all V5 items, including the E2's. There will be no physical difference versus the V4 E2's. Same head, same copper, same heatsink, no vents. These setups will rely on two features of the board itself:

automatic real time thermal regulation
customer selectable modes and output​

In practice, it will be just as safe to run as the V5 Wasp. The same 65c limit will get hit sooner and stay in effect longer. So 1) each customer gets to decide how extreme they want to go and 2) the board will deal with however high that is. Dudes who want mild can go mild and dudes who want wild can go wild.

Thanks for the detailed response. A programmable E2e sounds great. Getting over 3,000 lumens out of a light the size of an E2e is phenomenal.

euroken

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm working on the (last) M2 mini turbo release, to be ready as soon as this weekend
Tom is working on more Wasp heads, to be ready as soon as next week

We are working to introduce v5 P60 before Halloween
Before that, we'll be reintroducing the (last) cu E2e, also in v5 form

it sounds like there will be only ONE e2e made with v5? Or did you mean a short batch?

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Moddoolar Triple Wasp Cooling Head and Glow System

Thanks for the detailed response. A programmable E2e sounds great.
We are just getting warmed up with what this board can accomplish and are looking forward to putting these together!

it sounds like there will be only ONE e2e made with v5? Or did you mean a short batch?
Dozens.

Last edited:

euroken

Flashlight Enthusiast

We are just getting warmed up with what this board can accomplish and are looking forward to putting these together!

Dozens.

Both HA nat AND Black? :poke:

Definitely looking forward to this one...

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic

Well, I 'wasted' many e1 making hosts before we created the triple E format, so I'm only speaking of E2. For a good 1x18350 option, we'd need to make something from scratch. These E2 are all natural.

euroken

Flashlight Enthusiast

Well, I 'wasted' many e1 making hosts before we created the triple E format, so I'm only speaking of E2. For a good 1x18350 option, we'd need to make something from scratch. These E2 are all natural.

So only E2 Nat. E2 black is also very hard to come by so I could understand that :D

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic

So only E2 Nat. E2 black is also very hard to come by so I could understand that :D

Yeah, I still remember the day I wheeled the boxes to my car. Colors were limited but I could have purchased hundreds each bk e1e and nt e2e. To weep!

Last edited:

euroken

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yeah, I still remember the day I wheeled the boxes to my car. Colors were limited but I could have purchased hundreds each bk e1e and nt e2e. To weep!

"BOXES" and "HUNDREDS" :drool:

Most of us can't imagine what that means in e1e and e2e's....

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic

"BOXES" and "HUNDREDS" :drool:

Most of us can't imagine what that means in e1e and e2e's....

Yeah, wish I'd taken pictures of the mountain of NIP lights. Now all I got are memories.

I'll be sure to grab a group pic or two before these are separated forever!

Last edited:

recDNA

Flashaholic

I've been very pleased with my V1 copper E2e. Of course, use on high is limited because of the low thermal mass and resulting quick temperature rise. Are you thinking of an open-air head for the V5 E2e? Are we talking about a 30 watt E2e here? Thanks.
barry
So the only copper parts are the tail and e to c converter?

euroken

Flashlight Enthusiast

So the only copper parts are the tail and e to c converter?

The cu E1e/e2e uses copper heatsink within the head. No E2C converter. The copper on the tail is just a tail guard that can be added ILO rubber cap retaining ring.

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic

The cu E1e/e2e uses copper heatsink within the head. No E2C converter. The copper on the tail is just a tail guard that can be added ILO rubber cap retaining ring.

Correct. That's the side of the heatsink peeking out the side of the OEM head:

e2eTriple.jpg

Last edited:

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic

Getting over 3,000 lumens out of a light the size of an E2e is phenomenal.

Yup, and as with Wasp, the v5 version provides more output on one cell than the v4 (H) version did from two. Should go well with an 18650.

Last edited:

RI Chevy

Flashlight Enthusiast

Just asking, but will that kind of power output put stress on the cell?

recDNA

Flashaholic

Correct. That's the side of the heatsink peeking out the side of the OEM head:

e2eTriple.jpg
So do we send you an e1e or e2e for conversion or do you just sell the heads?

I cannot find this item in oveready.

Thanks

Last edited:

Latest posts