D Lithium rechgeable 3.7v 7500mah-Feeler...

Raoul_Duke

Enlightened
Great to see someone picking up on these - good luck with the GB project!
I have been very happy with the 7.5ah D cells I purchased from AGM, but just to say that my cells are flat top and need a contact blob added if used in series.
john

If I run 7 cells series, what voltage can I set a regulator at..? And can I only pull 10A..?( I'd like 12A-12.5A ) :confused: ( Oh, and are they D size exactly or a touch longer?

spencer

Enlightened
Datasheet for all you people who wanna know about length. They have a length of 60.m 33 +/- 0.2mm. They are also rated for a 10A max continuous discharge.

This is the datasheet for the batteries mentioned earlier in the thread. I think these are the ones marcinebike is trying to get..

Actually I'm not even sure what cells specifically marcinebike is trying to get. If you could tell us that would be great.

spencer

Enlightened
Now I'm really curious. What cells are you looking at getting? The MMO or HC?

For the information of others, the HC is 3.7V nominal 6.0Ah and the MMO is 3.55V nominal 7.2Ah. Both are rated for 10A discharge. The HC has a slightly less energy density but preforms better in the cold.

fivemega

Flashlight Enthusiast
For quantities of 50 to 100 the cells would be £28 each.

Hi,still looking for a USA handler for this and any info on USA import duty/taxes on a value around $1750.00
thanks to all that have posted info cheers DocD

Erm, this "feeler" has been running for more than 3 years.

I've got a "feeling" - this is going nowhere.

That's a lot of money to put in risk for investment.
Also $50 each (shipping included) for individuals is questionable.
Some people will buy but many of interested people will change their mind for this price.
$200 worth of batteries in 4D M*g?
If any cell goes bad?