Dark Sucks: Research Poll- what do you want to see?

egrep

Enlightened
The Steve Ku 18650 V10R seems pretty small for an 18650. I EDC it. But the Shorty Alpha with an IMR 17350 is a blast! The 18650 is a bit large to carry every day, IMO. The Shorty is 'just right'

I'd like to see the SMALLEST possible single 18650 light.
Preferably with a direct to copper neutral XM-L and small optic or 18mm reflector to save size.

;)
Twisty 3mode SB driver ~3amps

psychbeat

Flashlight Enthusiast
For marketing I was thinking "smallest 18650 or worlds smallest etc" might be helpful.

I mean like don't step on me thin - similar to a quark mini123

But prettier and maybe an optic to keep it short and with a uniform OD

scout24

Flashaholic
There are two things I would like to see: MORE SHORTY TUBES! :) And, just an idea- A way to index and "lock" in one position the pocket clip. Maybe a flat on the tailcap end of the body tube, with a corresponding flat spot if you will on the clip? Just thinking out loud... The clip stays in place nicely if the tailcap is tighened sufficiently, but this would eliminate spinning were the cap to loosen a bit. Played with my Ready-Made outside in the dark last night- Fantastic beam! Bright, floody, great tint. Well done!

Sparky's Magic

Enlightened
Jason, your current lights are a joy to own and use!

I would purchase an 18500 body, std. head, Nichia 219, 4 levels (moon, 10%, 50%, 100%) with memory - In the lovely 'Brushed and Polished' finish.

Cheers and Good Luck. :thumbsup:

1c3d0g

Newly Enlightened
I would like to see a true back-up light, AA or AAA, with the highest lumens possible, moonlight function, strobe as well. Made to military standards (in such a way that it will ALWAYS be ready to light up). That's what I would call a back-up, just when your main light fails, you have that little buddy to light your path. :)

DuncanHynes

Newly Enlightened
I second 'moon mode'. I don't have one yet but I understand these have a memory UI. My HDS and OR triples have no 'memory' of last mode, they come on 'low' at each time no matter the last level used. I find that makes for predictable lighting as you start low anytime you grab the torch and just ramp up until you have the desired light. It's not tactical but I don't need strobe or crazy high every-time. The eyes adjust to low and the eyes of others too. Often times people are with me and ask for a light, I don't want to blast them because I forgot what mode I was on last. Perhaps a choice of UI when an Alpha is ordered.

S1LVA

Enlightened
I have decided what I want to see in an Alpha. I know everyone makes triples these days, but a triple inside of an Alpha would be something else!

I have been carrying my XM18-B for almost a year now. At any given time, my collection is usually 12-15 high end lights. 99% of the time, it is the Alpha that I carry with me.

Triples have always been appealing to me and I have owned many. I usually end up selling them off because I dont use them. Then, I find myself picking another one up because I like the type of beam and brightness they produce. I just cant seem to find a suitable host for one.

I think an Alpha triple would be relatively easy to produce. The only difference would have to be the length of the head. It would need to be shortened to fit the optic which is not as deep as the boom reflector. The body and tail can remain the same. Also, the LMH 2.8A driver with memory would be plenty bright. Plus, it is what I have been using in the XM18-B for almost a year now.

So, Jason, the Alpha triple is something that I have been dreaming of and would LOVE to have. I would even consider paying a premium for a one-off light.

Let me know if this is something you have ever thought about OR also if youre interested in a one-off.

Keep up the good work, it seems like you have come a long way in the past year!
Andrew