Data Bank 70

starfiretoo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe you can grill some steaks and eggs for breakfast with it. Is this the LED version for the incandescent "Torch"?

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's amazing, I can tell you that! The shootout with a tank light was a sight to be seen!! Both beams hit the Dark Hole but Data was carrying his weapon!!!

Karl

Zot

Enlightened
In addition to the blinding light, if you were in the dining room at PF9 when Data fired this up, you could feel the heat from it!
Maybe you can grill some steaks and eggs for breakfast with it. Is this the LED version for the incandescent "Torch"?

Hodsta

Flashlight Enthusiast
Truly amazing and utterly speechless and totally bonkers!

I think some one is gonna have to build a bigger treehouse:).

I don't have any CREES but I got a few mags and plenty of 123s I'll donate just to see how big this monster can get:devil:.

Last edited:

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
Truly amazing and utterly speechless and totally bonkers!

I think some one is gonna have to build a bigger treehouse:).

I don't have any CREES but I got a few mags and plenty of 123s I'll donate just to see how big this monster can get:devil:.

Thanks but I have a big supply of the 123's for a non-flashlight project. The biggest problem is charging them individually so they stay balanced.

The 123's are easy to get on ebay and they fit in a C size mag body without boring it but you have to take the paper sleeve off and replace it with thin shipping tape.

What size C Mags do you have? I used 4C but that is not big enough for a normal 4X123 light with three Cree in series. That would require a 5C or 6C Mag body.

Cheers
Dave

Hodsta

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks but I have a big supply of the 123's for a non-flashlight project. The biggest problem is charging them individually so they stay balanced.

The 123's are easy to get on ebay and they fit in a C size mag body without boring it but you have to take the paper sleeve off and replace it with thin shipping tape.

What size C Mags do you have? I used 4C but that is not big enough for a normal 4X123 light with three Cree in series. That would require a 5C or 6C Mag body.

Cheers
Dave

Dave sorry - The only C mag I have is a 2 cell, should have studied your post in more detail, if you need a 3 or 4 cell D mag, then they is yours.

I'm from the UK so am unlikely to ever see this work of art/madness in person, however it looks like you could serve drinks off it - just an idea for the next flahaholics getogether.

Cheers
Hodsta

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dave sorry - The only C mag I have is a 2 cell, should have studied your post in more detail, if you need a 3 or 4 cell D mag, then they is yours.

I'm from the UK so am unlikely to ever see this work of art/madness in person, however it looks like you could serve drinks off it - just an idea for the next flahaholics getogether.

Cheers
Hodsta

I prefer C size, but thanks for the offer anyway. However, I am planning to come to the UK next year to see relatives and drink beer (not necessarily in that order). :whistle:

supes

Enlightened
I can't tell which is more powerful yours or Ironman's center beam. I like yours better though!

I'd probably soil myself if I saw it in person :thumbsup:

dat2zip

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tell us the story when you started testing and you had a small accident. I believe you did some metallurgy or something like that.

Got any pictures of what's left of that part???

Wayne

ICUDoc

Enlightened
Just found this thread.
Just about speechless.
Just amazed.

I want to see it mounted on the top of the treehouse, mains powered and remote-controlled on a pan/tilt platform. That would be even cooler.

jtice

Flashaholic
........ wwwwWWOOOOWWWW :eek:oo:

That is something else Data, really, outstanding.
Thats gotta be well over 9000 lumens, actually well over that.
1.8 amps per led? :eek:oo:
You have to get us more beamshots :D

~John

LED_Thrift

Flashlight Enthusiast
This thing is absolutely mind-blowing. When Data lit it up inside, the room just exploded with light. Outside against the black hole it easily lit up the trees and had a really useful beam... at HALF A MILE!!! In a handheld light - amazing.

PF9 was really a GREAT time, and the Data Bank 70 was one of the main reasons.