Dedicated throwers

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
I must be lucky with my Dereelight DBS-T aspheric 1.2A R2 EZ900. I now have 70,000 lux. I have just ordered the 1.5A pill and 18500 extender for more throw :)

Streak

Enlightened
I must be lucky with my Dereelight DBS-T aspheric 1.2A R2 EZ900. I now have 70,000 lux. I have just ordered the 1.5A pill and 18500 extender for more throw :)

According to Flashlight Connection the DBS T comes standard with the 1.5A pill? Did you have an older model with the 1.2A pill?

Matt7337

Enlightened
Dereelight have refunded me the priority shipping charge on my recent order because I "didn't provide a telephone number with the order". This information is included on my Paypal contact info along with my address and email address. The note on the refund:

Hi, phone number requested by fast shipping, we have send a email to you regarding this but no response so far, so send it by registered mail refund the cost by fast shipping, thanks

I received no such email from them. Not good enough, Dereelight. Now I have to wait over a month for my parcel instead of a couple of weeks max. SIGH.

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
According to Flashlight Connection the DBS T comes standard with the 1.5A pill? Did you have an older model with the 1.2A pill?

I ordered mine from Dereelight and specifically asked for the 1.2A R2 EZ900 WC. I also bought 3 x P60 1.2A 3SD for my Surefire 6P's by Oveready. I planned on running the DBS-T with a single AW 18650 3100mAh, but now I would like more throw :)

AlPal

Newly Enlightened
Dereelight have refunded me the priority shipping charge on my recent order because I "didn't provide a telephone number with the order". This information is included on my Paypal contact info along with my address and email address. The note on the refund:

Hi, phone number requested by fast shipping, we have send a email to you regarding this but no response so far, so send it by registered mail refund the cost by fast shipping, thanks

I received no such email from them. Not good enough, Dereelight. Now I have to wait over a month for my parcel instead of a couple of weeks max. SIGH.

I had a similar situation with Dereelight. They e mailed me that my order could not be completed without my telephone number, even though it is included in my PayPal account. I did send them a reply with my number and that was all I needed to do for priority shipping.

wiiken

Newly Enlightened
The Small Sun is really good, but i want more throw and need it to be suitable for rifle mounting.
I have done some reading here and it looks like DBS V3 is one of the better throwers out there, please correct me if im wrong.
I thought that i should order one now, but it look like its out of stock and they will not sell it anymore... :eek:oo:
How about DBS-T, is it better or not?
I tried to understand what setup would be the best when i look around their webpage, but its not very easy i have to say.
When order from Dereelight, do you get a box with parts or is the flashlight assembled and ready for use?

As u see, im a rookie, but i want the best thrower out there :) (for a resonable price)

psychbeat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just threw a 1.7a neutral XRE p60 module by Nailbender in my Smallsun.

I left the Smooth reflector on which makes for an ugly beam indoors.
The funky spill isn't a problem outdoors.

I wish I had one of Ahortons copper emitter mounts- then I think 2amps would be nice.

I'm pretty happy with the 1.7a tho.
Anything above that's probably diminishing returns w/o copper bonding probably.

The beam looks too ugly indoors to show u guys.
I use the light outdoors for trail work and routing.
It outhrows my Ahorton 26mm for sure.

Fun times!

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wanted more throw, so I ordered the Dereelight R2 EZ900 1SM pill (1.5A) and 18500 extender.

I also have 4 x AW IMR 18350 cells coming, as I already have 6 x AW 18500 cells.

saabluster

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got mine today and I got number 395 at 10 meters or converted 39500 lux!

I use TES 1332A light meter and it is really good meter, probably one of the best out there...

But also comparing to old Tiablo A9 and DBS with 1,2 amp EZ1000 it throws little less because they really are at 55000 lux territory and this aint...

DBS V3 with R2 EZ900 1SM driver kills it in throw and it look twice as bright...

But as a budget thrower it is really impressive... I never saw something cheap like that throwing that far...

I would not like to mount that on a real gun( it can be mounted on PCP Air rifle without problem)

I agree with all your statements except lux numbers but it is really bang for $...

The reason the DBS looks almost twice as bright as the Smallsun is because it is;) As to the meter and our varying measurements? Well there are a couple things to mention here. I highly highly doubt that your meter is calibrated right. I'm sure it is a nice meter but that doesn't mean it is perfect out of the box. Even extremely expensive ones have the same problem. I believe your measurements are little underrated. Of course I doubt mine are perfect either but I have worked hard to see that they match relatively authoritative sources. That aside there is quite likely a good bit of variance light to light in how they perform.

jalcon

Newly Enlightened
I just acquired a SF C2 host bored to 18650. What drop in can I use to get the most throw out of it, while staying around 50 bucks?

shane45_1911

Enlightened
I just acquired a SF C2 host bored to 18650. What drop in can I use to get the most throw out of it, while staying around 50 bucks?

Talk to Dave/Nailbender. He'll make you a 1.4A (or maybe more) XRE which is about the best you can get for throw in a P60 format, without using an aspheric lens.

Last edited:

jalcon

Newly Enlightened
Talk to Dave/Nailbender. He'll make you a 1.4A (or maybe more) XRE which is about the best you can get for throw in a P60 format, without using an aspheric lens.

How many lumens would that be? And how far would it throw approx? Thanks.

psychbeat

Flashlight Enthusiast
How many lumens would that be? And how far would it throw approx? Thanks.

~250+ lumens OTF 12K lux+ I'd guess or more w smooth reflector

The neutral xre he has is a really nice tint but will have a bit less lumens and throw.

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Another option is the Dereelight P60 R2 EZ900 1SD module with smooth reflector. I have this setup in a few Surefire 6P's by Oveready.

Bimmerboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
:eek: Not sure what I did but thanks.
LOL... just double-checked to make sure I wasn't hallucinating.

You've only been bringing a higher level of accurate info and thought to this discussion for months now! This reduces speculation, the spreading of misconceptions, and ultimately helps us to make better purchasing decisions.

Thanks again for these, and many other excellent posts amongst various threads (loved the wavien recycling thread)! :thumbsup:

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
I too am waiting patiently for the DBS upgrade, however I am happy with my newly acquired 1SM pill for my aspheric DBS-T. The highest was 95,500 lux.

Last edited: