DFW Texas Spring Flashapalooza, Sat. April 21, 2012

Aircraft800

Flashlight Enthusiast
Umm..May 5th is our anniversary weekend. Could we do Sat April 21 which according to the calendar X-Marine posted should be the darkest night?:)

It's not a GTG without you! 21st good for everyone else?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

BassTib

Newly Enlightened
Re: DFW Spring Fling

I think Saturday would be much better than a Sunday. I plan on staying pretty late, take advantage of the dark and play with my toys. I look forward to meeting everyone and seeing what toys people will bring. I only have a couple of interesting lights so I dont bring much to the table. Do you know if people are bringing stuff to eat or drink. I have never been to a get together. I plan on bringing my dad and my 6 year old nephew who is a massive flashaholic. I personally have bought my nephew 5 flashlights and hes probably got around 10. I was mad that I just missed the meet last year so I am glad I will definitely make this meet.

Hugo2x

Newly Enlightened

yeah April 21 sounds like a good date, the sooner the better. :whistle:

X_Marine

Enlightened

LQQks like April 21st it is..
Now we must all think clear weather.. Fingers crossed..

I'm assuming wquiles is going to bring his lathe so we can see him perform some of his splendid machine work. <G>
Looking forward to seeing that MagnetoDrive which is really lookin nice.

Also as a side note, I live about 20 minutes from Light Hound's store front and could easily pickup any goody's someone might like. He has most batteries and quite a few lights. Just check him out @ lighthound . com.

Uhoh, here comes the sun, that's my last call if I'm gonna get any sleep. ')
Many thanks Matt
X/BillyD..
icon14.gif

wquiles

Flashaholic

I am planing on being there, but I think the 1200 pound lathe and the 1000 pound mill will stay home ;)

Hugo2x

Newly Enlightened

:paypal: $30 sent, Thanks for renting out the Pavilion Matt. If any of you guyz want Matt's Paypal address, I know it.

UPDATE: Censored :ironic:

PAYPALCENSORED.jpg

Last edited:

Aircraft800

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hugo2x,

You'll have to edit/delete that post, sorry.

CPF Rule 10. Fundraisers & Donations

No fundraisers or requests for donations will be allowed on CPF, unless it is for CandlePowerForums or CPFMaketPlace benefit (either partially or wholly). This includes, but is not limited to, raffles, auctions, sales of individual items and solicitations for donations to paypal accounts. Threads and/or posts that violate this rule will be removed by a member of the CPF staff.

Imon

Enlightened
Huge props to Aircraft for always setting up these fantastic get-togethers!

I didn't really take the time to read through this thread until I looked at my calendar and noticed the meeting was during the new moon lunar cycle!:candle:

Even though I've sold off a lot of my lights I'm looking forward to this meeting anyways. :)

Diablo_331

Enlightened
Does anyone know if there is a long stretch for a little "ThrowOff" or " Show n' Throw" if you will?

Hugo2x

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone know if there is a long stretch for a little "ThrowOff" or " Show n' Throw" if you will?

The park has large, dark open fields just north of the pavilion. The tree line is around 275~300yds.

You can also check out this Youtube video I made for my subs. It only shows the ~120yd field just South the pavilion.
In the video I'm using a JetBeam BC40w, maybe it'll help you get an Idea of the range.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WnIujVvU0I

Post Update: I took a daytime video of the park last time I visited.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TY_ISoPInPI

CPFPark.jpg

Last edited:

Diablo_331

Enlightened
Ok it never clicked in my head that Veteran's park is where I've playing a few rounds of disk golf before. From what I remember it is a large park with plenty of hills and open areas. What lights are you all bringing? Will anyone be bringing a lux meter by chance? I'm really looking forward to this! Can't wait to meet you all and see some different lights!

Aircraft800

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know saabluster has one, he also has a home built Integrating Sphere, quite cool and very accurate! I hope he brings both! :poke: