Do you make a name for your flashlight just as what you did to your pet?

troelskc

Newly Enlightened
I like my lights but names is just a step too far. It's not like I use'em that much.

Vortus

Flashlight Enthusiast
As I mentioned above, fo lights anyway, I do not, however, were I to own a spy, or a photonfanatic type custom, it would have a name. Boats, cars (at least good ones) etc have names. Swords, Weapons like Thors Hammer Mjolnir, Planes, lots of stuff is named, but its gotta earn it by being something special.

davyro

Enlightened
No chance my wife already thinks i'm nuts for having the amount of lights i've got,if i started calling them names she would get me sectioned :eek:

Drewcof

Newly Enlightened
I've had lights nick-named:

Pharos, Weld Killer, Spotty, Pipsqueak, Excalibur, Durendal and a variey of mythical sword names.

Most were not given by me.

BIGWOOD

Newly Enlightened
I....uhhh...I mean a friend of mine sends his lights out to have the torches given names laser itched on them.:whistle:

Delarius

Newly Enlightened
I'd have to say I do not. It is not through any specific dislike of my lights though, but merely because adopting the policy that it's acceptable to name non living entities has many repercussions which I'd prefer to avoid. For example, if we name TK22 as Oscar, then it's also permissible to name the name, so now the name Oscar is named Butch, and then the name Butch also deserves a name so we'll name Butch (which is the name of Oscar) - Sophie, and then... Needless to say, as this goes on infinitely both my social and employment opportunities drastically fade since I'll have to devote all my time to giving names to names and memorizing the names so I don't forget.
I do not name my lights.

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
While out on a stroll, I once heard a guy yell "Michelle! MICHELLE!" in his backyard. Turns out he was calling his dog :duh2:

Sorry for digressing, but I had to share that one

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I named my pet after a flashlight.
CC5A00EE-C76C-4C79-A4BF-D79150891E20.jpeg

Meet Maglite

aznsx

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have not, but I may go for it. Zeus, Diesel, Duke, Jax, Killah, Bullit, Axel, Tank.
No 'Spot' the puppy or 'Puff' the kitten for you, but I gather many of your lights are more in the 'apex predator' category - lumen wise. Those should do nicely!